Shot clock in state

Indian

100% needed. It may not matter much in larger schools that are multi-player talent rich with better coaching where they play fast & aggressive the entire game. But, 1A schools with maybe 1 or 2 really good players & coaches that stay in power for years because of their local last name &/or of slack school leadership, rely on & teach "stall" as much as " make your free throws". Trying to play chase/stall for 5 minutes to end a game with a 6 point lead is horrible, for fans, players, and the game itself. Happens all the time.

43 minutes ago, FBforLife said:

I thought the same thing until recently. Go watch Clinton High film. It is ridiculous. 

First off, you'll have to be a bit more specific. 

Second, what exactly is ridiculous?? Play defense. Heck in NFHS, you don't even HAVE to physically turn the offense over, we have a 5 second closely guarded rule that other levels of basketball do not. Play tight D. Deny a pass. Trap the ball. It's all fundamental really. 

If a team is able to make clean precise passes, can quicker to a spot than the defense, and is more disciplined than the other team, WHY should they be penalized for that? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, crow6424 said:

A shot clock has been needed for many years. A defense shouldn’t have to play defense for two minutes without having a chance to get the ball back. This isn’t the 1950’s.

That statement is the epitomy of entitlement. If a team played GOOD defense, they'd get the ball back. If team A can move the ball better than team B can defend the ball, why should team A be penalized for it?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

100% needed. It may not matter much in larger schools that are multi-player talent rich with better coaching where they play fast & aggressive the entire game. But, 1A schools with maybe 1 or 2 really good players & coaches that stay in power for years because of their local last name &/or of slack school leadership, rely on & teach "stall" as much as " make your free throws". Trying to play chase/stall for 5 minutes to end a game with a 6 point lead is horrible, for fans, players, and the game itself. Happens all the time.

Taking somewhat of a segway here. But when considering reasons for changing anything about rules/regulations/ect for SCHOLASTIC athletics, "fan enjoyment" should unequivocally, without question, be dead last on that list. 

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Taking somewhat of a segway here. But when considering reasons for changing anything about rules/regulations/ect for SCHOLASTIC athletics, "fan enjoyment" should unequivocally, without question, be dead last on that list. 

At this level there is no doubt about it.

The way most kids play now shots go up quick anyway. 

I coached (assistant) overseas where there was a 35 second clock and in two seasons there was never a violation called in any of the games. We never even got close to 10 seconds. 

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

First off, you'll have to be a bit more specific. 

Second, what exactly is ridiculous?? Play defense. Heck in NFHS, you don't even HAVE to physically turn the offense over, we have a 5 second closely guarded rule that other levels of basketball do not. Play tight D. Deny a pass. Trap the ball. It's all fundamental really. 

If a team is able to make clean precise passes, can quicker to a spot than the defense, and is more disciplined than the other team, WHY should they be penalized for that? 

Go watch the film. Sounds to me like you must be from Clinton.