AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

It was a showdown in loretto last night from watching on tv.  Not gonna beat that atmosphere.   Gotta give GC major props for a comeback in that environment and against those odds.  If you want to talk about home court advantage. I think they said at one point the free throw differential was 23-5 in favor of loretto.   Ally weathers had to have 14-15 pts from the free throw line.  I’m sure it evened out a little with loretto fouling at the end.  Micah hart put on a show.  No way she’s not one of the best 3 players in the state.  Great game from both teams. 

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

You saw them both within a few days of each other, so I'll take your word. I watched some of the first half of the G-P / Meigs game and G-P looked very good.... though this Meigs team isn't well coached and self-destructs on their own.

McMinn Central overwhelmed a very solid Alcoa team last night.  And to think they don't have a Senior on their team is even more impressive.

We definitely make good teams look great and bad teams look good at times, and it blows my mind when you’re getting beat by 20 and you have players sitting on the bench laughing and cutting up and they go in the game and have no idea what to do.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

It was a showdown in loretto last night from watching on tv.  Not gonna beat that atmosphere.   Gotta give GC major props for a comeback in that environment and against those odds.  If you want to talk about home court advantage. I think they said at one point the free throw differential was 23-5 in favor of loretto.   Ally weathers had to have 14-15 pts from the free throw line.  I’m sure it evened out a little with loretto fouling at the end.  Micah hart put on a show.  No way she’s not one of the best 3 players in the state.  Great game from both teams. 

Loretto got the whistle but you have to give them credit. They kept attacking the rim almost every possession. Gibson County had some contact on their end that wasn’t called but give Loretto credit they were in right position to get calls more than we were. It was an ESPN Classic type contest. Best game I have ever witnessed I believe. It was a true dogfight with both crowds getting after it. Gibson County kept battling and refused to lose the game. Great effort. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto got the whistle but you have to give them credit. They kept attacking the rim almost every possession. Gibson County had some contact on their end that wasn’t called but give Loretto credit they were in right position to get calls more than we were. It was an ESPN Classic type contest. Best game I have ever witnessed I believe. It was a true dogfight with both crowds getting after it. Gibson County kept battling and refused to lose the game. Great effort. 

Good win! 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Agree with that.  They took advantage of how the game was being called for sure.  Both teams played their hearts out.  Great win for GC

16 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

... and it blows my mind when you’re getting beat by 20 and you have players sitting on the bench laughing and cutting up and they go in the game and have no idea what to do.

That's on the coach. When I played freshman H.S. baseball, centuries ago, the coach chewed out a few guys for laughing on the bus ride home after we got our butts beat. Can't imagine what he would have done had we been yukking it up during a game.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

Thank you man. Same to you. Good luck to y’all. See y’all have Upperman right out of the gate. Y’all got a tougher draw but I still think y’all win it all. 

Thanks! Yea we actually came out ok on the brackets. We actually already knew we would pull them first! God plan! 

25 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

We definitely make good teams look great and bad teams look good at times, and it blows my mind when you’re getting beat by 20 and you have players sitting on the bench laughing and cutting up and they go in the game and have no idea what to do.

Or when the opposing coach is ahead by 40 point and unloads his bench with over 7 minutes to go, and your coach has only gone 7 deep and they're gassed, and yet your coach doesn't sub "some" of her remaining players until 2 minutes to go.  

• Like 1