Uperman and south rd 1

ball21

18 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman will have to handle the pressure SS puts on the ball. Upperman plays outstanding defense so it could frustrate SS who’s used to running up the score. Upperman will need a big game from their freshmen to open up the lanes for Johnson. 

That’s #12 right? 

If I am South Side I go right at Abigail with Askins and Lawson and work inside out. Try to get her in foul trouble. South Side’s bigs are really good. Take it to the rim early and often. Upperman has to handle South Side’s pressure which will be tough. Turnover battle will likely play a big part. I got South Side by 8. Think this will be a defensive slugfest and South Side makes just enough plays to win. 

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If I am South Side I go right at Abigail with Askins and Lawson and work inside out. Try to get her in foul trouble. South Side’s bigs are really good. Take it to the rim early and often. Upperman has to handle South Side’s pressure which will be tough. Turnover battle will likely play a big part. I got South Side by 8. Think this will be a defensive slugfest and South Side makes just enough plays to win. 

After the experience of last year, I'm calling SS by double digits. I respect Upperman, but I think that loss last year by SS in the State Championship has been the driving force behind SS all year. They got beat by a team that done to them, what they normally do to others. It's going to be a battle. 

7 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

After the experience of last year, I'm calling SS by double digits. I respect Upperman, but I think that loss last year by SS in the State Championship has been the driving force behind SS all year. They got beat by a team that done to them, what they normally do to others. It's going to be a battle. 

Upperman handled their pressure well last year. The guard they lost was really good last year. It will be interesting for sure.