Uperman and south rd 1

ball21

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

She was very good. #24 is decent & #12 can flat out shoot it 

Upper Cumberland ball is always tough. Very fundamental and hard nosed. South Side has played two teams that looked like college teams, so they will be ready. Have to stay poised at state and don’t let officials get in your head because they tend to ride the team that has momentum. I seen a call last year when y’all played Greenville where they called a 10 second violation on y’all bringing the ball up the court against air. Crazy. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Upper Cumberland ball is always tough. Very fundamental and hard nosed. South Side has played two teams that looked like college teams, so they will be ready. Have to stay poised at state and don’t let officials get in your head because they tend to ride the team that has momentum. I seen a call last year when y’all played Greenville where they called a 10 second violation on y’all bringing the ball up the court against air. Crazy. 

They are very good dwn that way! No doubt about it. Yea that call was so bogus 

22 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Should be a great game. Defense will rule.  Teams normally don’t shoot well their first game in the open arena so the defense that forces turnovers into layups will win 

I agree 110%. Good defense, controlling emotions from officiating and hitting shots when you can. 

40 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Should be a great game. Defense will rule.  Teams normally don’t shoot well their first game in the open arena so the defense that forces turnovers into layups will win 

If Upperman holds up under 50, I believe they have the advantage. As for open arena, Upperman and LA played district and regional at Tennessee Tech. 

SS is undefeated haven’t played a meaningful game that they were challenged since last year. What I mean by that is Christmas tournaments are one thing but when your season is on the line in a tight ball game things tighten up. Everyone on here is making them out to be unbeatable and they just might be. Upperman has been playing one possession games for the win all post season. LA is no joke and they are the favorite to come out of the upper bracket. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

43 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

SS is undefeated haven’t played a meaningful game that they were challenged since last year. What I mean by that is Christmas tournaments are one thing but when your season is on the line in a tight ball game things tighten up. Everyone on here is making them out to be unbeatable and they just might be. Upperman has been playing one possession games for the win all post season. LA is no joke and they are the favorite to come out of the upper bracket. 

I agree with most of what you said.  I think La vs Greeneville winner will represent that side and SS vs Upperman will represent the other side.  I wouldn’t call LA a favorite but a strong contender. An LA fan already said Seymour was tough for the Substate and Greeneville dominated that game from start to finish with a 25 point win since Seymour beat LA earlier in the year.  Should be a good first round game for all 4 teams first round 

38 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I seen them beat Hewitt-Trussville Alabama who looked like a college team by 21. They beat Cardinal Ritter out of St. Louis who is a huge team as well. I watched them beat Bartlett this summer, who played Webb School a 6 point game. Oh Upperman can beat them I am sure, but they will have to play well. This South Side bunch can score a lot, which makes them that more dangerous. Will be interesting. Upperman and South Side got the toughest draw. Either of them wins it they will have earned it. 

14 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

If the truth be told I don’t think either team wanted to draw the other one first round and every other team in tournament benefits from this matchup. Either way it’s going to be a war and you just wonder how much you have left after it’s over. Time will tell

If it was a Thursday, Friday and Saturday venue it would be really tough to win it all. Both are fortunate it is a Tues., Thurs. and Saturday event.