Miss Basketball

BigFan1966

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I get it but with no inside presence on us you are barbecue chicken lol & even with savanna this year y’all don’t slit with us, sorry! We still win both games by double digits! We was hoping that she would return that second time we played McKenzie! But heck of a year for McKenzie & I think y’all will definitely defend your crown for the 3 peat! 

You are truly one of my favorite posters on here, your takes make me laugh at moments. 

I'm a big fan of BBQ chicken too. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I get it but with no inside presence on us you are barbecue chicken lol & even with savanna this year y’all don’t slit with us, sorry! We still win both games by double digits! We was hoping that she would return that second time we played McKenzie! But heck of a year for McKenzie & I think y’all will definitely defend your crown for the 3 peat! 

Summer ball is summer ball, I get it. Those games aren't quite the same and don't really count. However, since I saw you mentioned a game with Bartlett and that made you feel like you'd match up with BC I thought about our past summers. I remember McKenzie beating y'all in a battle at UTM and then y'all edging McKenzie by 2 or 3 maybe once at their place. If summer counts a little bit, I don't see how you get to your sweep of double digits lol. All year everyone has the same argument about lack of post presence against the rebels, just saying.... Y'all were stout no doubt, but I wish we could've settled it on the court. I think it would've been two epic battles (a split if McKenzie didn't sweep), both less than 5 points. But guess we'll never know.

29 minutes ago, thebenchwarmer said:

Summer ball is summer ball, I get it. Those games aren't quite the same and don't really count. However, since I saw you mentioned a game with Bartlett and that made you feel like you'd match up with BC I thought about our past summers. I remember McKenzie beating y'all in a battle at UTM and then y'all edging McKenzie by 2 or 3 maybe once at their place. If summer counts a little bit, I don't see how you get to your sweep of double digits lol. All year everyone has the same argument about lack of post presence against the rebels, just saying.... Y'all were stout no doubt, but I wish we could've settled it on the court. I think it would've been two epic battles (a split if McKenzie didn't sweep), both less than 5 points. But guess we'll never know.

Yeap Yeap! Y’all definitely wasn’t beating us at home! Senior class was 50 something and 0 at home. McKenzie was good & had shooters for sure but wasn’t beating us. Savanna Davis can score from anywhere on the floor, them Reynolds sisters are great when on! Imo SS by double digits even with Davis. But like you say we will never know, unfortunately injuries are part of the game. Glad she came back healthy for y’all & pulled off the back to back! And will go for the 3peat next year 

On 3/25/2023 at 11:44 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

Yeap Yeap! Y’all definitely wasn’t beating us at home! Senior class was 50 something and 0 at home. McKenzie was good & had shooters for sure but wasn’t beating us. Savanna Davis can score from anywhere on the floor, them Reynolds sisters are great when on! Imo SS by double digits even with Davis. But like you say we will never know, unfortunately injuries are part of the game. Glad she came back healthy for y’all & pulled off the back to back! And will go for the 3peat next year 

Haha I don't know about 3-peat but I know this year was fun and like a dream really! However, I've definitely penciled in the Hawks for a return trip and back 2 back next year no doubt. 

1 hour ago, thebenchwarmer said:

Haha I don't know about 3-peat but I know this year was fun and like a dream really! However, I've definitely penciled in the Hawks for a return trip and back 2 back next year no doubt. 

I definitely understand what you mean…. It definitely has been fun! I hope we can stay healthy & idk about winning it back to back(I hope & pray you’re right tho) but we should make a little noise the next few years 

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I definitely understand what you mean…. It definitely has been fun! I hope we can stay healthy & idk about winning it back to back(I hope & pray you’re right tho) but we should make a little noise the next few years 

Hawk I bet you going to have to get some new shoes with all the dancing and celebrating. I know we celebrated and danced a while. It is the gift that keeps on giving. 

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Hawk I bet you going to have to get some new shoes with all the dancing and celebrating. I know we celebrated and danced a while. It is the gift that keeps on giving. 

You know it! We had a celebration today at the school. It was a great feeling to celebrate a state championship & a miss basketball winner! We are very grateful! 

13 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

You know it! We had a celebration today at the school. It was a great feeling to celebrate a state championship & a miss basketball winner! We are very grateful! 

Man tears came to my eyes when y’all won it brother. My niece and family took it hard when Jelks got hurt during the Gibson County game three years ago. My niece fouled her and it was a basketball play but you still have compassion and feelings for her. My niece had just came back from major foot surgery where she had broken it in the summer that year. Proud of all. Know y’all are really happy because I am super happy myself.

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Man tears came to my eyes when y’all won it brother. My niece and family took it hard when Jelks got hurt during the Gibson County game three years ago. My niece fouled her and it was a basketball play but you still have compassion and feelings for her. My niece had just came back from major foot surgery where she had broken it in the summer that year. Proud of all. Know y’all are really happy because I am super happy myself.

Oh yea man I remember it like it was yesterday! Definitely wasn’t anything dirty, just to players hustling for the ball. Yea we all was overwhelmed with joy! To finally show that there is talent in West Tn! I am proud of them girls & proud of my coaches! We are done celebrating, come Monday the road back to Murfreesboro begins! No days off starting Monday 

40 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh yea man I remember it like it was yesterday! Definitely wasn’t anything dirty, just to players hustling for the ball. Yea we all was overwhelmed with joy! To finally show that there is talent in West Tn! I am proud of them girls & proud of my coaches! We are done celebrating, come Monday the road back to Murfreesboro begins! No days off starting Monday 

Yeah it is 365 days of training to win a Gold Ball. Got to “win today” every day. “I am going to start tommorow” don’t work. “Tommorow” is a bad word. Initiative and drive. 

• Like 1