Miss Basketball

BigFan1966

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I didn’t get to see her, but if she is better than Savanna Davis omg! The only reason Savanna Davis isn’t nominated this year is because of her injury she sustained during the season. That same injury is the only reason McKenzie had 7 losses 

.....1 to WV and maybe 2 to SS. lol. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I didn’t get to see her, but if she is better than Savanna Davis omg! The only reason Savanna Davis isn’t nominated this year is because of her injury she sustained during the season. That same injury is the only reason McKenzie had 7 losses 

Still 2 losses to SS but the scores would have been closer.

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I am pulling for Blair Baugus, because I am  a WC fan, but I think Savannah Davis left little doubt as to who the best 1A player is.

10 minutes ago, FANWC said:

I am pulling for Blair Baugus, because I am  a WC fan, but I think Savannah Davis left little doubt as to who the best 1A player is.

BB still has a chance, luckily for her Savanna wasn’t nominated this year. But I think ultimately the senior #23 Reynolds will win it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Is she a senior and  is she continuing her basketball career in college? With those kind of career stats and character,  I think she deserves the recognition and I hope she wins Miss Basketball.

It’s my understanding from another poster that she’s going to be playing for ETSU next year because she wants to stay close to home. That’s a solid D1 program so I’m sure she had lots of options going forward. I’m really excited to see how she performs at the next level playing with equally talented athletes. Apparently Unaka didn’t have a lot of talent this season besides her. She would have easily scored 3,000pts with just a little help. But teams doubled her on Offense and she still was unstoppable. 

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Winners!

1A: Blair Bauges 

2A: Jada Harrison 

3A: Timia Lawson(I am still surprised she won it) 

congrats to all the winners & finalists 

All deserving. WV is glad that Jada finally got her due. Nominated 3x and finally got the recognition. Congrats to all of these young ladies & they all are excellent choices. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Winners!

1A: Blair Bauges 

2A: Jada Harrison 

3A: Timia Lawson(I am still surprised she won it) 

congrats to all the winners & finalists 

13 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

All deserving. WV is glad that Jada finally got her due. Nominated 3x and finally got the recognition. Congrats to all of these young ladies & they all are excellent choices. 

Congratulations!!! All well deserved!! Jada like my niece was in Final Four and got sent home. Would have loved to have seen what might have happened. Jada was hard to deal with. Great player and person. Timia Lawson is another great person and player proud of both of them.  

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

It’s my understanding from another poster that she’s going to be playing for ETSU next year because she wants to stay close to home. That’s a solid D1 program so I’m sure she had lots of options going forward. I’m really excited to see how she performs at the next level playing with equally talented athletes. Apparently Unaka didn’t have a lot of talent this season besides her. She would have easily scored 3,000pts with just a little help. But teams doubled her on Offense and she still was unstoppable. 

Unaka is hurting.  They will be lucky to win 5 games next year unless they improve.  They won't have anything coming up until the Campbell girl.  She was only a 7th grader this year.