Region 7 1A

Allthetalk

No spring scrimmage to many starters playing baseball. A little thin at depth but the starters will be experienced. Super athletic group I believe we have the right mixture of size and speed to be very good and make a deep run. Our schedule is brutal by week 7 the region will have been determined. Not counting Lc out but I think it's a two way race between Uc and Dresden

We scrimmage Adamsville late summer should be a good test.

• 3 weeks later...

Union City should be heavy favorites in Single A every year..Seems they have the TSSAA in their back pockets and great personnel that oversees their enrollment numbers.Saw about a week ago that a new hotel was built and a couple more retail stores opening in their marketplace.Guess they will lose about 50 more students now.Steadily growing but losing kids

I get

15 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Union City should be heavy favorites in Single A every year..Seems they have the TSSAA in their back pockets and great personnel that oversees their enrollment numbers.Saw about a week ago that a new hotel was built and a couple more retail stores opening in their marketplace.Guess they will lose about 50 more students now.Steadily growing but losing kids

I get what your saying but having family in education showing less numbers means less funding and with Obion County growing in numbers I can see it. They have always bounced between 1a and 2a. The real question is should Tssaa looking at lowering the numbers for 1a to make it fair for the little schools.

Just now, Sherdog said:

I get

I get what your saying but having family in education showing less numbers means less funding and with Obion County growing in numbers I can see it. They have always bounced between 1a and 2a. The real question is should Tssaa looking at lowering the numbers for 1a to make it fair for the little schools.

Plus I'm not sure the hype is justified yet.

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

I get

Then Union City should consider closing the school and let them go to Central.Less teachers,not that many students.Save money .

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Then Union City should consider closing the school and let them go to Central.Less teachers,not that many students.Save money .

lol …..

Region 7 will deal with Union City and Peabody the same way Region 6 has to deal with Mckenzie or Huntingdon every other cycle . TSSAA don’t care for the smaller schools . I’ll say this though , when there was talk about going back down to 4 or 5 classes last August , they did lower the enrollment number standards. Had they went with it , Mckenzie and UC would have been in 2A. They talked a little more about it today at the board meeting . Will be interesting to see what they do in two years , but it’s usually not in favor for smaller schools 

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2023 at 6:32 PM, Sherdog said:

I get

Obion enrollments

2012: 935

2016: 900

2020: 762

2022: 751

Could you explain exactly how Obion is getting bigger as Union City is getting smaller?

On 6/10/2023 at 11:15 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Good he should stay in Humboldt. I haven't been on that thread since that day but I took it as truth because it seemed too random to make up. Guess that logic was highly flawed lol

The guy that said that has multiple coachT accounts and goes from thread to thread saying random stuff just to stir the pot. Several people know who he is and he is just trolling. 

On 6/9/2023 at 11:07 PM, GHSSupporter said:

Obion enrollments

2012: 935

2016: 900

2020: 762

2022: 751

Could you explain exactly how Obion is getting bigger as Union City is getting smaller?

Again.If Union City is losing funding.Still need teachers,pay utilities,etc.Close the school and let them go to Central.