Region 7 1A

Allthetalk

18 hours ago, Waker said:

UC should take this region pretty easily. I think they will go on to win another gold ball for their trophy case. Dresden and Lake co in a toss up for the 2nd spot and then Halls.

Yes I agree, I think they are the favorite to win the gold ball in single A.  They bring back a lot from a good AA team last season.

4 hours ago, 1983 said:

Yes I agree, I think they are the favorite to win the gold ball in single A.  They bring back a lot from a good AA team last season.

I agree about Union City. It will be a lot easier road to navigate through single A in the west  this year. 1A was better than 2A last year, but definitely not the case this year. It will be UC, MASE, or Moore Co out of the west.

Union City will definitely be a good football team but not sure they deserve the hype. Who did they beat last year that says there going to be the dominate teams in 1a this year? If your going off the win against Lake County then that means since Dresden beat westview and westview beat Union City and barely lost in the playoffs without a Qb shouldn't Dresden be given the edge.

Unless I'm mistaken there a pretty young team.

On 4/7/2023 at 6:45 AM, Sherdog said:

Union City will definitely be a good football team but not sure they deserve the hype. Who did they beat last year that says there going to be the dominate teams in 1a this year? If your going off the win against Lake County then that means since Dresden beat westview and westview beat Union City and barely lost in the playoffs without a Qb shouldn't Dresden be given the edge.

Unless I'm mistaken there a pretty young team.

To be fair, Dresden beat Westview before Westview had it figured out. I'm not sure the same outcome would have happened if they played later in the season. They did win the region with Huntingdon and Union City, both of which would have gave Dresden all they wanted and probably more. I'm not sure anybody is saying they are the team to beat in 1A this year, just that they are the team to beat in your region. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:16 AM, SpottedGoat said:

7A rivalries renewed!! No easy weeks makes teams better.

1. DHS - for those outsiders thinking we graduated our entire team, keep thinking that. Hodge & Co. ready for year 3.

2. UC. - always talented, physical play & good coaching. 

3.SF - better respect that air-raid they run. They may have to score 35+ to win games. But, they can. That's a well coached prideful young team over there. They could really be a force in '24.

4. LC or Humboldt. The 4 spot means no disrespect & is nothing to downplay here, this region is going to be a battle every week. All 4 teams that make the playoffs will be ready to make some noise. 

I'm laughing at this.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:20 PM, stangsby3 said:

To be fair, Dresden beat Westview before Westview had it figured out. I'm not sure the same outcome would have happened if they played later in the season. They did win the region with Huntingdon and Union City, both of which would have gave Dresden all they wanted and probably more. I'm not sure anybody is saying they are the team to beat in 1A this year, just that they are the team to beat in your region. 

Well by your comments,Lake Co beat Obion Central and Central had their way with Dresden.Worse really than the score.Dresden seemed to have trouble with speed teams.This intended for Sherdog. And Who knows,didn't Dresden like the big qb?

Edited by mrbigster

After the McEwen game which was right before the Obion County game we went down 4 starters. No excuses next man up. But we all know in 1a one player game change the whole team. Against Mckenzie it was all Cassidy we actually held Taylor in check for the most part but Cassidys ability to run with the ball after pressure we just weren't ready for it. Outside of Mase I believe who ever comes out of 7 1a will have a shot to represent the west.

On 4/21/2023 at 3:50 PM, mrbigster said:

I'm laughing at this.

Me too. UC at #2 in that region is comical. Non of my comments are a shot at Dresden, Lake county or anybody else in that region, but I think UC will be too strong for this region. Of course anything can happen and I could be very wrong on my analysis, but they will be the favorite to win the region. Their playstyle is extremely hard to defend and their defense is pretty stout. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this region once the season starts.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 11:13 AM, stangsby3 said:

Me too. UC at #2 in that region is comical. Non of my comments are a shot at Dresden, Lake county or anybody else in that region, but I think UC will be too strong for this region. Of course anything can happen and I could be very wrong on my analysis, but they will be the favorite to win the region. Their playstyle is extremely hard to defend and their defense is pretty stout. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this region once the season starts.  

I agree

This region is really tough 1A region but I do not see anyone in the region beating Union City this year. I think on the statewide level in the west Union City, MASE are the team to beat out of the west. Moore County may be right there with those 2 not sure yet. Dresden, Lake County will be in the mix somewhere.