Upperman Bees Football 23

BigMan101

On 7/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, Swipes said:

I figured he was going with 2021 when Betsy beat them 23-6.  The game was never close and Betsy wasn't ever in danger in the game.  Yes Upperman's QB had 13 carries for 143 yards and a TD (83 of those came on two plays with Betsy causing a fumble on one of those runs) the other RB's had 40 Yards on 16 carries.  QB went 4-13 for 20 yards and an INT.  Of the 9 possessions Upperman had only two I would call successful drives beside the fumble at the end of a long run.

Upperman wasn't even the 2nd best team out of those Two Quads that year.  Greeneville laid an egg losing 13-7 the week before after mercy ruling Betsy in week two 42-12

If I am correct, starting qb was hurt that game for UHS. 

12 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

York, McCallister, Robert Stevens , Rollings/Hydenski in past 15 years. Go back further and rb Allison is in the discussion from the 96 semi final team. 

David Allison was on a different level as well.  We had a d lineman that played on Yorks team that was unstoppable on the defensive side as well. 

11 hours ago, crow6424 said:

David Allison was on a different level as well.  We had a d lineman that played on Yorks team that was unstoppable on the defensive side as well. 

David Allison was a beast but so was Blake metzgar if I remember correctly metzgar ended up breaking most of Allison’s records 

12 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Patrick Ely is who you are probably thinking of. That 2013 was loaded with big lineman and of course York and Stevens. I don't think Yorks 74 tds in one season will every be broken 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell

12 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Patrick Ely is who you are probably thinking of. That 2013 was loaded with big lineman and of course York and Stevens. I don't think Yorks 74 tds in one season will every be broken 

That record is untouchable. No doubt the best player to ever come out of upperman

• Like 1