2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Both will lose in the substate 

Prep Sentinels should not lose to Pickett Bobcats. I guarantee it. Pittsburg Pirates should  lose to Gordonsville Tiger though. Pittsburg Pirates got mercy ruled by Prep Sentinels. This means they are not a very good team.

15 hours ago, RidinSplinters said:

Santa Fe is another that’s quite small and have IMO the best player in Class A.

Slaughter can score but he has yet been made to play any defense. His coach hides him on D but its smart a tactic. Eagleville isnt a very strong team but they do have an excellent coach. 

2 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, hopefully they will refocus but defense has to know where the shooters are can’t let one player score 40! I remember guarding Cannon Whitby & holding him to 16 points and most of those points came from FT line because you couldn’t touch him. Got to be discipline & stay in front of your man. UC hit about 12 or 13 three pointers got to make someone else beat you. Overall, Humboldt played a good game but made a lot of mistakes, point guard had atleast 10 turnovers by doing to much just play basic team ball. I think coach will have them refocus but Memphis will be tough to play at!!! 

I remember the Cannon Whitby days and storming the court in the Region after the big win. I agree Humboldt has to settle down more and play their defense more under control. Getting out of position some and not being able to close out quick enough on their shooters. Got to be more disciplined on defense I agree. To Humboldt's defense some the kid that scored 40 can light it up with someone right it his face. Been doing it a while. Great player. Have to refocus. Middle College next. They have lost a few. If I am Humboldt I keep a zone in my back pocket  to keep them maybe more under control. Got to keep them out of foul trouble especially Moore and Shivers. Can't have them on the bench.

Edited by pioneer42

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I remember the Cannon Whitby days and storming the court in the Region after the big win. I agree Humboldt has to settle down more and play their defense more under control. Getting out of position some and not being able to close out quick enough on their shooters. Got to be more disciplined on defense I agree. To Humboldt's defense some the kid that scored 40 can light it up with someone right it his face. Been doing it a while. Great player. Have to refocus. Middle College next. They have lost a few. If I am Humboldt I keep a zone in my back pocket  to keep them maybe more under control. Got to keep them out of foul trouble especially Moore and Shivers. Can't have them on the bench.

Yes, I would start out in a zone to see if they can shoot & not let them run & gun. Humboldt need to go inside & the open 3’s will come. Also, guards need to slash through zone when they double shivers or Fred take what they give is. 

33 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, I would start out in a zone to see if they can shoot & not let them run & gun. Humboldt need to go inside & the open 3’s will come. Also, guards need to slash through zone when they double shivers or Fred take what they give is. 

Yep I agree. I would start out in zone too to see how they react. No way I start out in man. Got to at least break a sweat to get under control. Can't get in foul trouble quick. We keep Fred and Shivers on the floor we will be hard to handle and yes I agree we need to slash early and often because someone will be open. Last night we were in foul trouble right out of the gate and the officials took us out of the game. 

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Prep Sentinels should not lose to Pickett Bobcats. I guarantee it. Pittsburg Pirates should  lose to Gordonsville Tiger though. Pittsburg Pirates got mercy ruled by Prep Sentinels. This means they are not a very good team.

IMO it’s going to be UC , Humboldt, Chatt Prep, one of these will be the single A champs! Want to bet me on that Capt guru? You can have the field! :roflol:

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

34 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

IMO it’s going to be UC , Humboldt, Chatt Prep, one of these will be the single A champs! Want to bet me on that Capt guru? You can have the field! :roflol:

Never know what will happen with High school players but all three (3) have to get to the glass house first then anything can happen from there. Something about the glass house that gets the best of players but get their and everybody has a chance for gold ball! 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

You seen Middle College or Booker T?? I know Humboldt knocked out MASE there last year and they were all in District together some of them beating each other. 

58 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You seen Middle College or Booker T?? I know Humboldt knocked out MASE there last year and they were all in District together some of them beating each other. 

Don’t know what to expect from the Memphis school can never tell by their records just got to play ball!!

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I have not and I’m sure they are talented, have to have athletes to match up with Memphis schools for as long as I can remember or they are just going to out athlete you. Like Viking said you never know, they transfer freely! However I believe good coaching can get those three teams I named to at least the championship game. 

Edit:  I’m just glad Douglass in is 2a now they look to be on a mission!  Won their region championship by 41! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

4 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Don’t know what to expect from the Memphis school can never tell by their records just got to play ball!!

I remember a couple of years ago one of the Memphis teams added 2 players to their Region roster that never played in the district tournament. I wonder if they ever investigated that….wait it’s Memphis so nope 

On 3/1/2024 at 8:31 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Don’t under estimate S.P. 

• Like 1