2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

On 12/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, Bballguru01 said:

What about Memphis Hillcrest has the -#1 score in the country 37.6 point a game Jordan Allen his back court mate Xavier Herron is also Averaging 21points a game  Jordan Allen Was Class 2A Mr. basketball Finalist. Last year. Hillcrest is in 16A 

The problem with Hillcrest is that they don't play anyone. Their schedule is really, really weak. They've played close games against bigger schools that are bad. I know those guards can play and they'll help get them through the regular season but when they get outside Memphis they've got to have more than those guards to get past sectionals.

On 12/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER looks like the best team out of Middle/East Tn. Football players just got back a week and a half ago and already gelling together. They’ll be in the mix come March.

I'd counter that the best A team in East TN is UH. Returned pretty much the whole team from last year's semi final run. Arguably the best team east of Morristown, in any classification. 

4 hours ago, crazzyness said:

I'd counter that the best A team in East TN is UH. Returned pretty much the whole team from last year's semi final run. Arguably the best team east of Morristown, in any classification. 

I could agree with this, I believe they were down 6 going into the fourth against Middleton last year. Impressive team that also beat Hampton twice last year. 

14 hours ago, bballfan12121 said:

I could agree with this, I believe they were down 6 going into the fourth against Middleton last year. Impressive team that also beat Hampton twice last year. 

University High Buccaneers will not get mercy ruled either. It will not happen. I guarantee it. They are too good to let it happen. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Tarlton just needs to get out of North Greene. Terrible coach, just a smart elec with little man syndrome. If ng has anybody else coaching they would be something. He is so full of himself, it ruins the whole team. Most coaches take accountability for their teams losses but he is so quick to throw kids under the bus to make himself look better. The funny thing is he thinks he’s gonna end up coaching somewhere good, well news flash places want good coaches not sucky ones. 

I don’t think you can speak about 1a without mentioning Union City. They are off to a fast start and have one of the best pound for pound guards in the state in Malaki Brooks. He is averaging 30.5 pts per game and is lightning up the scoreboard against quality opponents. This team with Brooks has a good chance to play in the glasshouse and bring home some hardware.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tornado82 said:

I don’t think you can speak about 1a without mentioning Union City. They are off to a fast start and have one of the best pound for pound guards in the state in Malaki Brooks. He is averaging 30.5 pts per game and is lightning up the scoreboard against quality opponents. This team with Brooks has a good chance to play in the glasshouse and bring home some hardware.

Last 4 games

47pt

31 pts

37pts

41pts

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2023 at 7:54 AM, bballfan12121 said:

Pickett County isn’t looking like the team we thought they were gonna be. What’s going on?

I’ve watched them twice. Both games they won. However, I don’t see a really good team here. They have some nice pieces but they do not have any length whatsoever. They do shoot the ball well.