2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

6 hours ago, hoopitup10 said:

I think Prep takes the Gold Ball back to Chattanooga 

We will see.  Unless they prove they can hit some perimeter shots I think it will be hard for them to put together three starlight wins.  Union City has the best overall team of the 8 in class A. 

On 3/5/2024 at 6:34 PM, Onetownguy said:

That may have to do with the connection rule. One of the rules in that ruling is that you can’t be connected to a personal trainer. Interesting. 

Chattanooga paper said they had 2 this year in new, not sure grade of each. 

charters being Division II needs to happen, any no-zone school does. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indian said:

Chattanooga paper said they had 2 this year in new, not sure grade of each. 

charters being Division II needs to happen, any no-zone school does. 

so yeah. so the one twin who used to be the head coach was a basketball trainer. doing a quick google search, ( I think there is some "reasons" he is no longer the coach. so brother steps in and becomes the coach.  I agree that charter schools need to be moved to d-2. look at the charter schools a few years ago in Memphis. the one that lost to clay in the championship game just up and closed. and then another one will pop up. not saying they don't do good things for the kids in the community. but when you have open zones and can pick and choose who gets in, its interesting. 

Can someone explain to me why the tall bench coach in grey for Chattanooga Prep turned toward Union City to taunt and then turned to Chattanooga Prep fans to try "pump" them up after the 2 technical fouls in the 4th qtr? To me that was classless. Instead of making sure there are no more technicals and no players got involved more, he decided to do that. If our coaches are acting this way, how are the players going behave? Please, someone advise with something intelligent.

Edited by CASC95

On 3/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, hoopitup10 said:

I think Prep takes the Gold Ball back to Chattanooga 

Another Tennessee Temple. They will have to forfeit this gold ball just like Temple did. There’s no way this team is legal and abiding by the rules of T$$AA. I was told they added a player either in the region tournament or at substate.  Someone said he was very tall.  This is a private school playing in Div 1. it’s amazing as to what length adults will go to to win a gold ornament  I said the same thing about Temple back in 06. everybody from Chattanooga got on there and called me a hater and all kinds of stuff but at the end of the day I was proven right they were cheating and this team is following in those footsteps. This is the same exact school building that temple was in and they are taking a page out of their book as to how to recruit kids while in Div 1. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:34 PM, JayinTN said:

Santa Fe rallies in the 4th. 

Watching this on NFHS. Is Santa Fe pronounced Santa FAY or Santa FEE?

the announcer keeps saying FEE, but I’ve never heard it that way. However, the only time I’ve heard it was in reference to the city in New Mexico.

14 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Another Tennessee Temple. They will have to forfeit this gold ball just like Temple did. There’s no way this team is legal and abiding by the rules of T$$AA. I was told they added a player either in the region tournament or at substate.  Someone said he was very tall.  This is a private school playing in Div 1. it’s amazing as to what length adults will go to to win a gold ornament  I said the same thing about Temple back in 06. everybody from Chattanooga got on there and called me a hater and all kinds of stuff but at the end of the day I was proven right they were cheating and this team is following in those footsteps. This is the same exact school building that temple was in and they are taking a page out of their book as to how to recruit kids while in Div 1. 

Always thought something was off with that school. We beat them in sectionals in 99. They seemed to come out of nowhere. 

1 minute ago, B-Ball Fan said:

Watching this on NFHS. Is Santa Fe pronounced Santa FAY or Santa FEE?

the announcer keeps saying FEE, but I’ve never heard it that way. However, the only time I’ve heard it was in reference to the city in New Mexico.

Fee. Someone made sure tell me at game. I didn't even ask. Ha.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:35 PM, GreeneDevil2020 said:

Britton his the best player in 1A and was subbed of a Mr. Basketball spot because they played a hard schedule against bigger schools and didnt have a good overall record. North Greene makes a real run for the state title next week for sure  

Hey Greene Devil, I’m from your neck of the woods based on your user name. 
I’m watching this game on NFHS, amd I’m ashamed to say this is the first time Ive seen Jason Britton play. He’s been impressive today.  He’d started out well, but he’s been kept in check in the second half.

The North Greene defense is porous. I’ve never seen a worse baseline defense at the state tournament level. 

Can someone watching Santa Fe VS. NG confirm that last shot was after the buzzer? I'm at game and NG hit shot at buzzer that would have tied it but didn't count. I just wanted to know how close based from online viewing.

Edited by CASC95