LA 2023 schedule

theawesomebro

19 hours ago, cbg said:

If David Lipscomb High School falls off some compared to the teams coached by Trent Dilfer it will be due to the "LIFERS" complaining about "Lil Johnny" not getting to play due to the recruits being brought into the school.

Those "LIFERS" pay a lot more in tuition, for a lot more years, than the transfers do. Like it or not you better be able to find some type of balance. 

41 minutes ago, URSUS said:

Those "LIFERS" pay a lot more in tuition, for a lot more years, than the transfers do. Like it or not you better be able to find some type of balance. 

I have watched this play out at several private schools and when the “LIFERS” begin to complain you have major problems within the athletic program.  There is only one school that I am aware of that has not experienced issues between the full paying tuition students and the financial aid kids being brought in for athletic purposes.  The reason that this school does not experience any issues is because the Board of Trust is made up of very powerful and super financially well to do members that not only want to win but expect to win in football.  If this board experiences “ANY” push back from other board members, faculty members, headmaster or full tuition paying families they make it perfectly clear that there are absolutely zero fences keeping them at the school and if they are not 100% happy with the direction the school is going it would be best that they immediately withdraw from the school.  This board of trust has absolutely zero tolerance for those that wish to differentiate between the full tuition paying families and those that are on financial aid.

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I have watched this play out at several private schools and when the “LIFERS” begin to complain you have major problems within the athletic program.  There is only one school that I am aware of that has not experienced issues between the full paying tuition students and the financial aid kids being brought in for athletic purposes.  The reason that this school does not experience any issues is because the Board of Trust is made up of very powerful and super financially well to do members that not only want to win but expect to win in football.  If this board experiences “ANY” push back from other board members, faculty members, headmaster or full tuition paying families they make it perfectly clear that there are absolutely zero fences keeping them at the school and if they are not 100% happy with the direction the school is going it would be best that they immediately withdraw from the school.  This board of trust has absolutely zero tolerance for those that wish to differentiate between the full tuition paying families and those that are on financial aid.

Strong leadership and a clear vision are important. I have seen far too many private school not reach their full potential because they are lacking in both.

I still think that there are obstacles in terms of "athletics" and long term student athletes and short term student athletes but perhaps LA can maintain their success and keep both sides happy.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, cbg said:

What school are you talking about?

14 hours ago, cbg said:

To each his own, and we have all had our own experiences that have formed our opinions. Mine, as an MBA alum, parent, volunteer, and donor is that I would rather us disband the program than participate in whatever this current state of affairs is. Been around this for 30+ years and the current state of affairs is unprecedented. But again to each his own, and as I wrote before glad it’s someone else and not me trying to teach my son a “life lesson” about not getting to play this year as a senior. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

To each his own, and we have all had our own experiences that have formed our opinions. Mine, as an MBA alum, parent, volunteer, and donor is that I would rather us disband the program than participate in whatever this current state of affairs is. Been around this for 30+ years and the current state of affairs is unprecedented. But again to each his own, and as I wrote before glad it’s someone else and not me trying to teach my son a “life lesson” about not getting to play this year as a senior. 

can you elaborate on the"sad state of affairs?"  also, should all seniors start over everyone else?  what life lesson are you hoping to avoid?  does MBA's team consist of kids who had all organically come to MBA in 7th grade, no transfers?  i'm really curious.  thanks.

6 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

Not following your comment…..are you talking specifically about the qb that transferred in at Lipscomb?

private ant got didly squat to do with it......its more prevalent in PUBS...just ant no tuition involved....or shall Booger say as much tuition...

....and when them transfers aka new supers show up...then them lifers need better get to work if its their parent given title thats at risk....and their parents need to quit whinin or pack up and move on down the road....cause lil johnny gonna get some of those same meds once lil johnny hits the real world...

.....thats unless lil johnny is in line to take over daddys landscapin business....then they can pout all the want cause didly squat is quaronteed

Booger just sayin Landscaping GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Booger

5 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

can you elaborate on the"sad state of affairs?"  also, should all seniors start over everyone else?  what life lesson are you hoping to avoid?  does MBA's team consist of kids who had all organically come to MBA in 7th grade, no transfers?  i'm really curious.  thanks.

The number of 11th hour transfers, after practice and scrimmages have started, from out of the the area.  And the TSSAA granting them all immediate eligibility even though it is really dubious that some of them are “moving” to the area at all.  Have never observed anything like this happening in D2 in all of its existence beginning in 1997. If it’s going to require doing that to win, then I would prefer we lose and don’t do what is required to win.

Not aware of any transfers that will play for us this year. Last year there were 2 who played—one family moved to Nashville from Kentucky when the kid was a sophomore, and one son of an alum who started at BA and transferred to MBA and was required to sit out his junior year.  Both graduated last year. 

Edited by Navy21412
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m not sure what “life lesson” you learn from sitting on the sideline thanks to an August transfer other than a lifelong resentment of the private school which will be sending you letters asking for donations and then expecting your children to attend in just a few short years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1