Alcoa adds another

CherokeeTrail

1 hour ago, Wetsy4Betsy said:

According to my cousin bovice Carter is getting a pretty good QB this summer. 

Well I hate to break it to you but  no one should trust any information you get or give out on here after your last round of "Information" about Baugh being Greeneville's starting QB and then even added on he is 6'3 when he is under 6 foot.  I'm sure the same cousin gave you that info too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If they don't get Nico's brother that one will be next. Remember Carter is Alcoa's AAA farm team. Like booger, just saying.

...........Carter country is old news and Alcoa already has a highly recruited D1 QB that's NOT named Madden. building an Offensive line is the current priority. 

41 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

...........Carter country is old news and Alcoa already has a highly recruited D1 QB that's NOT named Madden. building an Offensive line is the current priority. 

BC the biggest problem I see in the near future for Alcoa will be the local kids that go there having to play second fiddle to the ones they're bringing in. That already raised its ugly head couple of years ago with two School board members that had family on the football team.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

BC the biggest problem I see in the near future for Alcoa will be the local kids that go there having to play second fiddle to the ones they're bringing in. That already raised its ugly head couple of years ago with two School board members that had family on the football team.

Not a problem. Alcoa has a system in place for "second fiddle" players. It's called the second half after the mercy rule is in affect.

• Sad 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:51 AM, Swipes said:

Well I hate to break it to you but  no one should trust any information you get or give out on here after your last round of "Information" about Baugh being Greeneville's starting QB and then even added on he is 6'3 when he is under 6 foot.  I'm sure the same cousin gave you that info too

Swipes, as you know I checked with young Baugh’s Mom and even she said 5’11. The Baughs are a wonderful family and if the Devils play well, he will get a lot of cleanup action. GHS is blessed with starter Cannon and a top Sophomore backup.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Swipes, as you know I checked with young Baugh’s Mom and even she said 5’11. The Baughs are a wonderful family and if the Devils play well, he will get a lot of cleanup action. GHS is blessed with starter Cannon and a top Sophomore backup.

Couldn't agree more coach and believe Baugh will get plenty of playing time this season with what we have coming back.  The Baugh's have always been great people

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2023 at 1:15 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Not a problem. Alcoa has a system in place for "second fiddle" players. It's called the second half after the mercy rule is in affect.

No kids want to be “backups” nowadays.  This is even the case at Alcoa and Maryville.  Kids today are all about themselves and this is definitely the “what’s in it for me” movement.  The cases of the guys who sit for 2-3 years and finally get a chance to start as juniors/seniors are getting more rare.  

This is even the case at the next level as well.  Kids want to play and want to get their names out there and gain exposure.  Their families have drilled into their heads that this is not possible by standing on a sideline clapping and drinking up all of the water.  

On 3/30/2023 at 9:44 PM, howdoitknow said:

No kids want to be “backups” nowadays.  This is even the case at Alcoa and Maryville.  Kids today are all about themselves and this is definitely the “what’s in it for me” movement.  The cases of the guys who sit for 2-3 years and finally get a chance to start as juniors/seniors are getting more rare.  

This is even the case at the next level as well.  Kids want to play and want to get their names out there and gain exposure.  Their families have drilled into their heads that this is not possible by standing on a sideline clapping and drinking up all of the water.  

Not seen this at Alcoa.