Coaching Changes

maddams

11 hours ago, FootballDavis said:

Tony Williams was fired at Cleveland high school. Never beat Bradley the whole time he was at Cleveland, and East Hamilton.

Gonna make a couple observations and then leave it alone.

1.  Cleveland won 2 games 8 years ago and 27 this past season playing a legit schedule.

2.  In the last 7 years how many wins would Cleveland have over Bradley if Jamaryn Blair and Harmonie Ware would have worn Blue instead of going to Bradley?   Bradley can't win without Cleveland kids and Cleveland can't win without Cleveland kids.

3.  Cleveland put more kids in college with scholarships the last 7 years than Bradley and Walker Valley combined.

If beating Bradley is the measuring stick for success then every coach in the Region should be let go.  

I leave Cleveland with a clear conscience and zero regrets.  Best of luck to the next staff.  The players definitely deserve a coach that is passionate and will build on the growth.  

Edited by coachinhoops
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

1.  Cleveland won 2 games 8 years ago and 27 this past season playing a legit schedule.

2.  In the last 7 years how many wins would Cleveland have over Bradley if Jamaryn Blair and Harmonie Ware would have worn Blue instead of going to Bradley?   Bradley can't win without Cleveland kids and Cleveland can't win without Cleveland kids.

3.  Cleveland put more kids in college with scholarships the last 7 years than Bradley and Walker Valley combined.

If beating Bradley is the measuring stick for success then every coach in the Region should be let go.  

I leave Cleveland with a clear conscience and zero regrets.  Best of luck to the next staff.  The players definitely deserve a coach that is passionate and will build on the growth.  

Cleveland will ultimately regret losing you Coach Williams. Ooltewah just made the hire of the year! 

38 minutes ago, buddyball said:

Blair did play for cleveland her senior year.  What happened in those two games  0-2

Single digit losses with Kara Williams out with torn ACL.  I'm not gonna argue.  Bradley is historically and presently the best girls basketball program in the state.  There is no shame in not beating them.  I stand behind the statement that they cannot win without Cleveland Middle kids.  

21 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Best of luck coach. You gave it your all here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1