Coaching Changes

maddams

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 10:40 AM, tradertwo said:

Same thing at Riverside and Camden...social media and students. Some who know the details of both may say there's a lot of difference, but basically the same area of concern.

Parent here of a freshman at Camden,

So I’ve been holding this in awhile because myself and many of the other parents didn’t want to see the coach get fired, I know the coach had a TikTok that came out over a year ago that he got some heat from (which I saw it and personally thought it was hilarious.) He addressed that when he was hired which I know was embarrassing for him to do but he owned it and worked really hard while he was here. My daughter loved him, as did the team, and we hated the decision for him to be let go. I won’t go into details of the Snapchat post that got him fired, however, I saw it personally with my own eyes and he should not have been fired over it. I get that it wasn’t a good look to be accused of what someone was trying to say it was in the video but you couldn’t tell a thing. This young guy’s coaching career is now tarnished because of it. Was he a good coach? I think he was a perfect fit for Central and you could see the positive direction they were going in. Was it a bad look? Yes. Did he deserve to get the boot? I don’t think so. I can’t believe there wasn’t more of an investigation into this. From my understanding when it surfaced, they just let him go. We met with the superintendent the following day after they let him go, and he would not answer any questions regarding the coach or the situation. Anytime any one of us would ask a question, the response was “we’re not going to talk about it, the decision is final”  

Myself and others in Benton County think he was made an example out of due to another situation in the spring not being handled correctly with a teacher and coach being accused of having sex with an underage boy. In that situation, the teacher was allowed to come back and finish the school year, and people were pretty upset over that decision.

We have a dad group to where we all communicate, and since then, the original video was shared on there by one of the other parents (not the video that went around) and you can tell that what’s in the video is not what he was fired for. To be more specific people said it was his genitals in the video that went around before and in the original video you can tell clearly that it’s not his genitals in the video. I hate it for the guy because I think he was going to do great things here and he cared about the girls. It’s very unfortunate, but social media is a very different animal. I hope he can bounce back and would welcome him back here to Camden.