Region 6-1A 2023

Bruceton returns everyone but 4 SR starters and only two of them was any count. . they started 8 freshman last year most games, they are talented but still a little young . Mcewen won’t know how to play without Thomas Wills presence, that was the best team they will ever have .  Houston County is young .  WC returns some starters but lost some quality SRs last year , I still think they probably finish 2nd in the region if I was a betting man iii think ?  , but with the HUGE amount of TO with the Mckenzie I really believe it’s wide open . It’s going to be very interesting this year  Can’t wait !!

9 hours ago, SlicKfitty said:

Bruceton returns everyone but 4 SR starters and only two of them was any count. . they started 8 freshman last year most games, they are talented but still a little young . Mcewen won’t know how to play without Thomas Wills presence, that was the best team they will ever have .  Houston County is young .  WC returns some starters but lost some quality SRs last year , I still think they probably finish 2nd in the region if I was a betting man iii think ?  , but with the HUGE amount of TO with the Mckenzie I really believe it’s wide open . It’s going to be very interesting this year  Can’t wait !!

True but Brucetons mr everything graduated. They may be tougher as the season goes and they get more experience. I think we lost 5 seniors. 

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

On 5/17/2023 at 9:49 AM, RexKwonDo said:

Starter wise they have to replace the entire secondary, 1LB, WR 1, WR 2, RB 1, RB 2, FB 1,  QB1, 80% of the DL & OL. They will be strong at the linebacker and quarterback positions . There is still a lot talent there, but need experience playing together. I expect a slow start out of the gate but will get better each week. I think they will be a competitive team come playoffs. Mcewen will be a battle but I think not having to play WC until the end of October is a plus for McKenzie.

Definitely still a lot of talent. But there's gotta be a dropoff. How much is the question

11 hours ago, 1983 said:

I don’t know about a blowout but Mustangs will be the favorite.  Mustangs are going to be good.

Yea mustangs return mostly everyone and Mckenzie had a ton of turnover . With it early in the season i’m going to assume Mckenzie will be way worse than last year and start the season slow  . I’m going to say 35-14 42- 21 … something of that nature. Just my opinion though .

14 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

True but Brucetons mr everything graduated. They may be tougher as the season goes and they get more experience. I think we lost 5 seniors. 

Brucetons best athlete was barely used last year , his name is Brady I think , real elusive and great hands .. he was a QB in middle school, I bet he had 30 TDs . He’ll be the new Mr Everything. Coaching staff last year had alot of issues with creativity offensively but they just hired an offense coordinator with calling experience in college . QB coach /TE/ OC/ O-line experiences, they will look a lot better (in theory) . Not saying they will win region , probably more like a  .500 team . They’ll be a problem in the future for sure though . 

Edited by SlicKfitty

On 5/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'd be more worried my defense not being able to stop Gleason....like in this scrimmage I'm watching 

Gleason scored 1 time against LC. LC scored on every possession in the 3 way scrimmage but 1. From what I seen yesterday McKenzie will win region 6 with ease unless McEwen can play with them. Nobody else in region 6 will challenge them.

7 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Gleason scored 1 time against LC. LC scored on every possession in the 3 way scrimmage but 1. From what I seen yesterday McKenzie will win region 6 with ease unless McEwen can play with them. Nobody else in region 6 will challenge them.

So it was Gleason ,Lake Co and McKenzie?