If you are scared just say so….

LadyCavsFan

On 6/23/2023 at 9:35 PM, 85warrior said:

Cookeville still won't play Upperman? 

Haha

Now that’s funny.  Upperman won’t play Cookeville and that’s very well known.  I am curious why though.  But there is a new team to join them on the scared list this year.    I guess after losing 8 out of the last 10 White County decided they have gotten enough L’s and won’t play us this year either.   I guess they needed to add one more cupcake…

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Now that’s funny.  Upperman won’t play Cookeville and that’s very well known.  I am curious why though.  But there is a new team to join them on the scared list this year.    I guess after losing 8 out of the last 10 White County decided they have gotten enough L’s and won’t play us this year either.   I guess they needed to add one more cupcake…

I can assure you White County isn't afraid of playing Cookeville. I laughed just typing that comment. Lol.

Cookeville doesn't want the "L" Upperman would give them most years either. Hahaha.

Cookeville knows all about cupcakes. They play in the weakest 4a district and region in the state. 

Edited by 85warrior
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 85warrior said:

I can assure you White County isn't afraid of playing Cookeville. I laughed just typing that comment. Lol.

Cookeville doesn't want the "L" Upperman would give them most years either. Hahaha.

Cookeville knows all about cupcakes. They play in the weakest 4a district and region in the state. 

Not scared to play us but won’t play us.   Riiiight.   Just say so.

We have tried to schedule Upperman.  They won’t play us.  If we go to a camp or play day they tell director they won’t play us.  Even in a JV play day last year!  They played 3 games instead of 4 like everyone else so they didn’t have to play us in JV!  

While I agree that the teams we played in district were pretty weak overall.  Lady Cavs record stands for itself.  But that weak district had two teams in the final 4 of the state tournament.  I would say that’s pretty good.       

Edited by LadyCavsFan

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

We have tried to schedule Upperman.  They won’t play us.  If we go to a camp or play day they tell director they won’t play us.  Even in a JV play day last year!  They played 3 games instead of 4 like everyone else so they didn’t have to play us in JV!  

While I agree that the teams we played in district were pretty weak overall.  Lady Cavs record stands for itself.  But that weak district had two teams in the final 4 of the state tournament.  I would say that’s pretty good.       

Jamie told her to call her when she was ready to play and Dana responded with no you call me when you’re ready to play.  This was at MTSU camp a few weeks ago.  Dana is NOT scared of Jamie, Scott, or the lady Cavs.  

On another note how are the Lady Cavs going to fare now that they don’t have Gallagher to carry the team???

Edited by Lakers1977
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Oh, you're talking about 18-17 green hill? Funny. That just shows how weak the 8 team state tournament teams were last year. The only truly good team there was Bradley.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 85warrior said:

Oh, you're talking about 18-17 green hill? Funny. That just shows how weak the 8 team state tournament teams were last year. The only truly good team there was Bradley.

GH played a weird style and grinded out games.  They beat 3 teams with 25 wins down the stretched so yeah talking about them.  They were not a strong team overall but beat some good teams getting there.  

But to say there was only one good team is a clown statement.  Especially with the way that Bradley won the first game.   

4 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

Jamie told her to call her when she was ready to play and Dana responded with no you call me when you’re ready to play.  This was at MTSU camp a few weeks ago.  Dana is NOT scared of Jamie, Scott, or the lady Cavs.  

On another note how are the Lady Cavs going to fare now that they don’t have Gallagher to carry the team???

I didn’t hear that but I guess we will find out when she calls her again.  But just like the WC game it will take more than 2 coaches to agree to play.  But if Dana wants the game to happen then it will.  

We aren’t replacing Gallagher or Jordan with one player this year.  Thats a tough ask.  It will be a lot of people giving a little to make up the difference.   Style of play will be a lot different.  We are smaller but faster.   But I suspect we will struggle at times this year.  Especially early.  But so far they are looking pretty good.  15-2 over all the camps.  Lost to Bradley and on a last second FT to Lincoln County.   Wins over a lot of good programs Farragut, Ensworth, Gibson County, Rockvale, Knox Catholic x2, etc.  

Same question could be asked of Upperman about replacing Johnson.  

33 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I didn’t hear that but I guess we will find out when she calls her again.  But just like the WC game it will take more than 2 coaches to agree to play.  But if Dana wants the game to happen then it will.  

We aren’t replacing Gallagher or Jordan with one player this year.  Thats a tough ask.  It will be a lot of people giving a little to make up the difference.   Style of play will be a lot different.  We are smaller but faster.   But I suspect we will struggle at times this year.  Especially early.  But so far they are looking pretty good.  15-2 over all the camps.  Lost to Bradley and on a last second FT to Lincoln County.   Wins over a lot of good programs Farragut, Ensworth, Gibson County, Rockvale, Knox Catholic x2, etc.  

Same question could be asked of Upperman about replacing Johnson.  

You can’t replace Abba or Jayla but the Butler twins played VERY well at camp this summer and Dolente is a sniper. 

On 6/26/2023 at 2:33 PM, Lakers1977 said:

Dang I was hoping this was true and maybe they would play.   :cry:   Unfortunately a conversation didn’t happen regarding this subject.   Maybe next year…