If you are scared just say so….

LadyCavsFan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 5:40 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Most of those coaches you are referring to likely have a reason other than just not wanting to take the L.  If they don’t then yeah I am talking to them too!!!!   Like I said…..just say so. 

Over the last 20+ years  Upperman would have dominated Cookeville. Now recently I feel like Cookeville has definitely closed the gap and has caught up with Upperman and that’s a good thing not a bad thing. They have done a good job with the AAU programs they are running and it’s paying off for them.  As far as the gate goes the only time I’ve ever seen anyone at a Cavs game is when White County is playing. Now maybe that’s changed over the past couple of years I don’t know but I do think regardless of the gate, the game needs to be played in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2023 at 9:52 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Over the last 20+ years  Upperman would have dominated Cookeville. Now recently I feel like Cookeville has definitely closed the gap and has caught up with Upperman and that’s a good thing not a bad thing. They have done a good job with the AAU programs they are running and it’s paying off for them.  As far as the gate goes the only time I’ve ever seen anyone at a Cavs game is when White County is playing. Now maybe that’s changed over the past couple of years I don’t know but I do think regardless of the gate, the game needs to be played in my opinion. 

They're not playing mr 81. 

It is ridiculous that white county and cookeville aren't playing.  Everything I've heard keeps coming back to sparta's side not being willing to play.  i keep consistently hearing that from people in both circles.   I don't really understand it.  It isn't like this is a one-sided rivalry in boys or girls.   Sure, there may be a stretch where one wins more than the other, but these games are often close and always crazy.  

This sounds like an adult(s) having an agenda and making a decision that takes something away from kids.   It is sad that kids from both sides won't get to have this.   As someone who played in this game long ago and has watched many of them, I hate this. 

On 6/26/2023 at 9:48 AM, 85warrior said:

I can assure you White County isn't afraid of playing Cookeville. I laughed just typing that comment. Lol.

Cookeville doesn't want the "L" Upperman would give them most years either. Hahaha.

Cookeville knows all about cupcakes. They play in the weakest 4a district and region in the state. 

I'm not sure if you just don't like the word "scared" or "afraid" or you just think that its not sparta that is ultimately stopping this from happening.  I'd be interested if you have more insight on the matter.  

As for baxter.... people i've talked with for 20 years now have always said that it was the girls side that was the reason CHS and baxter didn't play.     I heard alot of "Dana and Mindy (Odom) won't play each other".      Well , both programs at CHS have had new coaches in the last several years take over and this game still isn't happening.      I don't know.  You draw your own conclusions. 

38 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

It is ridiculous that white county and cookeville aren't playing.  Everything I've heard keeps coming back to sparta's side not being willing to play.  i keep consistently hearing that from people in both circles.   I don't really understand it.  It isn't like this is a one-sided rivalry in boys or girls.   Sure, there may be a stretch where one wins more than the other, but these games are often close and always crazy.  

This sounds like an adult(s) having an agenda and making a decision that takes something away from kids.   It is sad that kids from both sides won't get to have this.   As someone who played in this game long ago and has watched many of them, I hate this. 

Im sure fans on both sides want to play each year. I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with either team being scared. Haha

I've heard in the last 24 hours why they aren't playing and i get it. Cookeville fans on here wouldn't get it so I'll keep it to myself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Im sure fans on both sides want to play each year. I assure you it has absolutely nothing to do with either team being scared. Haha

I've heard in the last 24 hours why they aren't playing and i get it. Cookeville fans on here wouldn't get it so I'll keep it to myself.

I'd like to know but if you prefer to be that way then that is your prerogative.      My guess is that no matter what the excuse is, I'm still going to be correct that adults are making decisions that negatively affects kids in this case.  Shame on them.