If you are scared just say so….

LadyCavsFan

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

What about the team from Baxter?  

Lol.  Here we go again…. I have answered that like 10 times.  That decision is completely one sided.  We would play them if they would play us.   Not sure the reason but they won’t.  Find out why and let us know.  That’s a game I have been wanting to see for a long time.  The last 4 years would have had some great basketball games for sure.  

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Lol.  Here we go again…. I have answered that like 10 times.  That decision is completely one sided.  We would play them if they would play us.   Not sure the reason but they won’t.  Find out why and let us know.  That’s a game I have been wanting to see for a long time.  The last 4 years would have had some great basketball games for sure.  

Now you don’t honestly want us to believe that the powers that be at Upperman have refused to get an automatic “W” all these years by playing Cookeville?  Recently it would have been competitive I agree on that but overall Upperman would have a lopsided lead in wins over losses. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Now you don’t honestly want us to believe that the powers that be at Upperman have refused to get an automatic “W” all these years by playing Cookeville?  Recently it would have been competitive I agree on that but overall Upperman would have a lopsided lead in wins over losses. 

You keep playing the same broken record.  We have had this discussion a couple times.  Like I said last time,  it could have been Cookeville that didn’t want to play in the past.  I don’t know about then and I don’t know why they won’t play us now.  But I know our coaches would love to play that game.  And I also know they even refused to play our JV team in the JV play day at Green Hill last year when it was on the schedule.  So yes it is one sided.  

Would it be lopsided?  Maybe? Since we don’t play who knows what the record would be.  It would be pure speculation for me to guess but if I were to guess I would say it would be similar to our record with WC since they both have good programs and a rich tradition.

I was curious so I looked something up.    Since WC has entered that district,  Upperman has a losing record to White County.   Cookeville is 4-1 vs WC in the same time period.  I guess you could call that competitive.  Also in the last 20 years, Upperman has a losing record vs White County.  Cookeville doesn’t!  . Granted we played WC a lot more often.   Apparently the powers to be didn’t want those easy wins either.   Let them play!!!

On 11/19/2023 at 12:57 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

You keep playing the same broken record.  We have had this discussion a couple times.  Like I said last time,  it could have been Cookeville that didn’t want to play in the past.  I don’t know about then and I don’t know why they won’t play us now.  But I know our coaches would love to play that game.  And I also know they even refused to play our JV team in the JV play day at Green Hill last year when it was on the schedule.  So yes it is one sided.  

Would it be lopsided?  Maybe? Since we don’t play who knows what the record would be.  It would be pure speculation for me to guess but if I were to guess I would say it would be similar to our record with WC since they both have good programs and a rich tradition.

I was curious so I looked something up.    Since WC has entered that district,  Upperman has a losing record to White County.   Cookeville is 4-1 vs WC in the same time period.  I guess you could call that competitive.  Also in the last 20 years, Upperman has a losing record vs White County.  Cookeville doesn’t!  . Granted we played WC a lot more often.   Apparently the powers to be didn’t want those easy wins either.   Let them play!!!

I do remember back in the day when Cookeville/Jackson County and Upperman had the Christmas tournament. It was held at all 3 gyms and being part of the coaching staff for JC at the time I do remember Cookeville and Upperman were not to play each other unless it was in the championship game which never happened because JC was loaded back then. 

I feel like I've said this several times over the years.   My understanding was always that "Mindy & Dana" were the reason for no baxter/Cookeville games.   As in , I was constantly told by people who should know that the girls coaches didn't want to play each other.     I don't know if it was more one sided or not.  

I don't know why they wont play each other now.    new girls and boys coaches hired  at CHS in the last several years.  But not at baxter.    I'm not insinuating anything but people draw conclusions ya know... 

Anyway , Go Lady Cavs.  

Here is the issue with this thread, Cookeville and Upperman have very little history of playing each other in basketball, look back 50 years  of playing rarely if at all. With Sparta/Cookeville there is a history for 80 plus years, even over 40 years ago when they were separated by classifications then they still played. 
I know Cookeville can’t or won’t control their student section, not many schools do. But with the talent and tradition of White County they should never back down from playing any program. It’s a failure of the leadership at both schools that they aren’t playing.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:01 AM, 85warrior said:

I don't blame you for not going back to the entirety of this rivalry because we all know White County(Lady Vols) girls have dominated Cookeville(Vanderbilt). :)I'm trying to imagine being mad because a team in a smaller classification and only half the size of my school isn't playing my team. Hehehehe. Flattering. :)

Actually 1/3 of the size 85. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:35 AM, UCSportsFan said:

Just let it go "J". They'll never see the light. We're all terrified of playing Cookeville and it's every schools fault but theirs. Sarcasm*

A couple of these CHS fans remind of a couple of mouthy Georgia Bulldog football fans i know. The only difference is Georgia actually has the hardware of back to back nattys. :)

• Like 3