Boyd vs CPA

Guest bucsfootball

I am honored to give you your first Good Mark.

I agree that is was a great game and played the way it is supposed to be played.

Congratulations to Boyd! They played hard and made a great comeback. Coach Atkins coached a great game.

Congratulations to CPA! The defensive made the big plays in OT. Coach Pack and his staff did a great job. I am absolutely thrilled for Tom Moore.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by boyd9:

Oh well the calls were made and I wish we could have come out on top but that's the way the ball bounces. It was the best football game I have ever seen. I was at the game and it was a roller coaster. Congradulations to both teams.

A classy post. A Good Mark for you, my friend! :(

Congrats to CPA for a great season and to Boyd for a great game. I agree both teams showed great sportsmanship. Healy was fun to watch and almost pulled it out. CPA's defense was the difference.

I've seen CPA four times this year (Ezell, DCA, Ezell and Boyd) and their defense has been really tough but their offense has struggled. Several times yesterday CPA's coach really exploded on the sidelines regarding offensive foul-ups. The Boyd game is the first game I saw where CPA's offensive line did not play well. I take that back. They played poorly the first half at DCA but were great the second half.

My sense is that if one had asked Pack mid-way thru the 4rd quarter about the execution of his offense, he might have responded "I'm in favor of it".

But the defense more than made up for it especially against the run. CPA's defensive front was like a stone wall, especially in OT. Those eight plays inside the ten yard line is the kind of things that make championship teams.

I have one question for Boyd fans. Why did Coach Atkins keep running the option. Boyd must have run the option ten times and got nothing. The option call on 3rd and 3 (the seventh play of the OT stand) lost 4 or 5 yards and forced a passing situation. I didn't understand that call.

Extremely good question scout. I was wondering that myself. I dreaded it every time Will took off running to the sideline and pitched it off because I knew what was coming. Boyd had a whole lot more success running it up the middle. But I doubt that would have worked in overtime. The best choice was to pass, but Will had to be so worn out because he did so much for us just to get us in overtime. I can understand why he doesn't do that well on PAT's and field goals because he's done so much just to get us in for the score or in field goal range. If he doesn't go to a big division 1 school, then those schools will be missing an extremely talented quarterback. In fact I heard Jeff Fisher was saying some really good things about him, and his son was playing for the other team.

Scout: Akins is a good coach if Boyd is ahead in the game. When it comes crunch time though, you better get someone to be ready to do the heimlich on him, because he is going to choke. I am from SP and I've seen him do it time and time again. I hope the bucs had there fun this year, because the Pirates will be back next year like some of the teams they had in the 90's and that will be boyd's worst nightmare.

jsh969,

This was the first time that I have seen Nealy in action and I was very impressed. Though I can't speak for him, I'm sure Jeff Fisher enjoyed watching him as he has his own Pro QB who has the same "Can Do" attitude.

I am really looking forward to watch him play at the next level.

Posted by jsh969:

In fact I heard Jeff Fisher was saying some really good things about him, and his son was playing for the other team.

Hey, I need some help. I watched the Boyd-CPA game on tv. I think Will Healy is cute. I would like to meet him or become friends w/him. If anyone can help me I just want to know if he has a email address or messenger so I can talk to him. I just would like to be friends w/him! thanks! bye!!!

Congrats to CPA on there 2nd ring in 3 years. Was the best game i have ever witnessed. Your defense is pretty much a wall especially when it counted. With that missed extra point in OT i thought for sure Boyd would win adn then with the pass interferance call i was even more positive but CPA's defense wasnt about to let the Bucs get in. I had heard about CPA's defense but 8 plays inside the 10.... that right there tells you what a super defense CPA has. Congrats Boyd on a great year lets make the same run next year. also congrats to CPA once again.

Roll Bucs.