Trent Dilfers comments??

Ffball9999

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I got nothing against Dilfer, but he comes off a little too much like Hugh Freeze for my liking. 

He does deserve some credit doing what he did at LA and maybe he did give TNHSFB some publicity, but not sad to see him gone. His road to a title was pretty easy, CPA was the only real competition they had 

If I was a UAB fan, I'd rather be good than interesting. They had a pretty good amount of success under the previous coach

I get your points, although I am not sure getting past CPA once much less twice in a season is ever easy, as oakland can attest.  : ).  they have been able to beat anyone in the state for the last few years.  I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs playing them twice!  

1 minute ago, theawesomebro said:

I get your points, although I am not sure getting past CPA once much less twice in a season is ever easy, as oakland can attest.  : ).  they have been able to beat anyone in the state for the last few years.  I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs playing them twice!  

Well you just gotta get past them once. Not saying they couldn't win state in AAA those years but it definitely would have been more interesting. Don't think anyone gets much enjoyment out of playing CPA, they're big, physical and play smart

20 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Well you just gotta get past them once. Not saying they couldn't win state in AAA those years but it definitely would have been more interesting. Don't think anyone gets much enjoyment out of playing CPA, they're big, physical and play smart

sounds about like playing oakland!

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 4:18 PM, theawesomebro said:

not a fan huh?  : )

deion is cocky because he was the best.  dilfer has a chip on his shoulder because everyone underestimated him.  it's an important distinction I think.  can you imagine being a super bowl MVP and getting canned the next year?  I think that would sting for a while. 

love or hate dilfer, he took LA football from doormat to 2 gold balls in 4 years.  not sure anyone else has done that.  he also had a TN football team back in the news on a broader scale which I think it good for TN football.  when is the last time TN had a team ranked in the top 15 (that's an honest question because I don't know)?  he has plenty of faults but he deserves some credit for that.

you might be right but I think if nothing else, he will make UAB football more interesting than It's been for a while. 

Kevin Creasy has done more for TN football.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:14 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I got nothing against Dilfer, but he comes off a little too much like Hugh Freeze for my liking. 

He does deserve some credit doing what he did at LA and maybe he did give TNHSFB some publicity, but not sad to see him gone. His road to a title was pretty easy, CPA was the only real competition they had 

If I was a UAB fan, I'd rather be good than interesting. They had a pretty good amount of success under the previous coach

Never met a UAB fan personally. Rarely met anyone who roots for a non Power Five team, especially in SEC states.

4 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

My son is playing at Rhodes. It is a fun rivalry we have with Sewanee. Talk about some history.

Southwestern, southwestern, the school by the zoo, where the boy are boys and…

That does not sound right with the name change :) 

My brother played for Sewanne in the early eighties.  They were pretty good for the pond they played in under Coach Moore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Southwestern, southwestern, the school by the zoo, where the boy are boys and…

That does not sound right with the name change :) 

My brother played for Sewanne in the early eighties.  They were pretty good for the pond they played in under Coach Moore. 

I am growing to love some small college football. I know it is not big time college sports, but there are some serious athletes on those fields every Saturday. Some of the atmospheres are pretty cool, too. I know it doesn't beat going to an SEC stadium but you can hear every hit and are just as close to the action as you would be on Friday nights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1