5A Region 7

eers

On 10/31/2023 at 8:39 PM, RollRed123 said:

#8 may play. He may have a lot of heart and all that fun stuff. However, you can’t convince anyone that watched him last week that he’s at all healthy. 

If he’s close to healthy, I think Hendersonville wins. I think Henry County and Beech win. Springfield has a shot, but will have to play perhaps their best game of the season. 

28 minutes ago, eers said:

If he’s close to healthy, I think Hendersonville wins. I think Henry County and Beech win. Springfield has a shot, but will have to play perhaps their best game of the season. 

I am thinking R7 wins 3 for sure.  We will need a couple of offensive TDs and a special TD with the D playing lights out.  It's possible 

Beech and HC win easy.  Same recipe for Hville and Springfield, play physical, run the football and control the clock.  I would suspect Springfield will play nickel or dime defense the whole game.  Watched Southwind against Horn Lake MS and Melrose, their passing game is pretty good. Make them go the distance, nothing easy.  Good luck to all!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, eers said:

It’s kinda sad that Springfield is down this year, but I can’t imagine Southwind being better coached. I always watch social dweebs, the games and locker room talk and I like how coach Wilson talk about playing the next opponent up. Never knocking a team always humble and just happy to get his guys a shot:thumb:  and that number 8 for Hendersonville he’s gotta be tougher than TheCommissioners yellow toe nail. :roflol: I’ll back region 7 till the end. Then I’ll back the team from the west if things go sidewards. 

• Upvote 1

Just watched the Southwind/Springfield game and from what I saw they’re ok, but not great. That 62-0 score makes it look like they’re special. Comparing them to who Beech has played, I don’t believe they’re close to Collierville, Riverdale, or Henry County. Several athletes, but looked like a lot of backyard play design and missed tackles. Throw in a bunch of turnovers and the fact Springfield has no offense and it turned into disaster. 

45 minutes ago, eers said:

Just watched the Southwind/Springfield game and from what I saw they’re ok, but not great. That 62-0 score makes it look like they’re special. Comparing them to who Beech has played, I don’t believe they’re close to Collierville, Riverdale, or Henry County. Several athletes, but looked like a lot of backyard play design and missed tackles. Throw in a bunch of turnovers and the fact Springfield has no offense and it turned into disaster. 

I wasnt very impressed by watching them on film before last night either, but yeah...

50 minutes ago, eers said:

I gotta agree. I turned the game off at 28-0 I didn’t see anything super special about Southwind. The Jackets looked like the long  bus ride took a toll on them and they couldn’t catch a single break. Southwind definitely watched film on #24 he was pretty much on locked down. Beech will definitely be the best team SW has seen all year. Friday night will tell the tale.