2023 TSSAA AAA Volleyball Thread

Rockstar89

Independence, Ravenwood, Page are gone.  Indy is(was) currently ranked 6th in the state

Summit won both matches against Nolensville this year, one in 4 sets and other in 5.

Franklin and Brentwood split 1-1 this year with both team winning in 3 sets.

Tonight is the biggest, most stress filled night.  If you win, you move on no matter results of the next game.  You lose tonight there's no more volleyball to play.

It's anyone's tournament.

22 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Independence, Ravenwood, Page are gone.  Indy is(was) currently ranked 6th in the state

Summit won both matches against Nolensville this year, one in 4 sets and other in 5.

Franklin and Brentwood split 1-1 this year with both team winning in 3 sets.

Tonight is the biggest, most stress filled night.  If you win, you move on no matter results of the next game.  You lose tonight there's no more volleyball to play.

It's anyone's tournament.

Feel so bad for those teams that are already out. They had such amazing seasons already!

Congrats to Brentwood and Nolensville...both moving on to the finals of the District 10AAA Championship. It's been back and forth all season, but honestly, even just a couple of weeks ago, not many people would have chosen these two... particularly Nolensville. Watching them both tonight, I feel Brentwood is playing the better ball... but Nolensville has to be awfully fired up. Thats 4 (pretty decisive) District wins in a row for them in a season where they only won 6 games in the District total. It was also the 4th win in a row for Brentwood. So, I have a feeling it's gonna be a great match.

I really feel like win or lose either of these teams will have no problem with anyone in District 9, so they will probably meet again in the Region finals. Truthfully, sectionals shouldn't be too hard on either team as well. I think that would be Green Hill or Gallatin. Both have had good seasons, but don't think they are at the level of what District 10 has put up all year. So perhaps we will see both of these teams advance to the state tourney to challenge once again. Only time will tell. 

13 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

Congrats to Brentwood and Nolensville...both moving on to the finals of the District 10AAA Championship. It's been back and forth all season, but honestly, even just a couple of weeks ago, not many people would have chosen these two... particularly Nolensville. Watching them both tonight, I feel Brentwood is playing the better ball... but Nolensville has to be awfully fired up. Thats 4 (pretty decisive) District wins in a row for them in a season where they only won 6 games in the District total. It was also the 4th win in a row for Brentwood. So, I have a feeling it's gonna be a great match.

I really feel like win or lose either of these teams will have no problem with anyone in District 9, so they will probably meet again in the Region finals. Truthfully, sectionals shouldn't be too hard on either team as well. I think that would be Green Hill or Gallatin. Both have had good seasons, but don't think they are at the level of what District 10 has put up all year. So perhaps we will see both of these teams advance to the state tourney to challenge once again. Only time will tell. 

This seems to be how it is every year.  Coach Tucker coached Hillsboro before moving to Brentwood this year and Brentwood seemed to face them every year in Regionals. 

Brentwood is playing well right now.  Nolensville is peaking but I do not think they have the depth.  They have one hitter and go to her pretty much every time.  Isolate her and they become one dimensional.

What should worry AAA for the next two years is outside of their outstanding senior Libero, this team is all sophomores

The TSSAA needs to make volleyball as equitable as basketball softball etc.  It's ridiculous.  I am sure at one point many HS didn't have volleyball so there weren't as many teams. I assume that all AAA schools have volleyball now.   The only downside is district 11  is pretty much the only district that has real depth in AAA.  Sometimes one of those Knoxville districts have depth.  There is no reason why Rutherford county doesn't, but they typically have one good team that comes out and the rest are pretty much average or bad.  Makes no sense.   Can't wait to see how the championship comes out.  Was really pulling for Franklin.   Was the last time they were at the state when Jay was coaching there? 

Edited by clifford20

4 hours ago, BruinDad25 said:

Does anyone know where to get info on the District 9 tourney?  I saw online that Shelbyville is the host school, and that they are playing semifinals today at 4PM and 5:30PM, with the finals to follow immediately after.  Suggestions on how to follow?

It should be on NFHS.... D10 will have no problem with anyone from D9. It's Lincoln Co & Lawrence Co.... Neither are great. Both have multiple losses to single A schools.

Edited by Rockstar89

16 hours ago, BruinDad25 said:

Does anyone know where to get info on the District 9 tourney?  I saw online that Shelbyville is the host school, and that they are playing semifinals today at 4PM and 5:30PM, with the finals to follow immediately after.  Suggestions on how to follow?

Jay is correct. It’s on YouTube XSports. Lawrence Co defeats Lincoln Co 3-1. Brentwood and Nolensville will roll thru either and should meet again for the Region title. 

Edited by Rockstar89