best football in TN is where?

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

You are correct CBG! Best football does not always equate to best talent. When coaching at Briarcrest Christian, we paid inner city teams to come to Briarcrest to take a loss. One team we mercy ruled had 3 D1 players on it, while we had a couple of D2 players at best.

In high school athletics the teams that win at the highest level get their average players to consistently play better than the other team's average players.  Typically, the top players will cancel each other out!  Just look at the great DeLaSalle teams out of Concord, CA when Bob Ladouceur was coaching, they would have a few really good players but most of the team never played beyond high school.  They simply out worked and out schemed the competition.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

uh... they're moving here too... 

Nashville and the Middle Tennessee area consistently rank as one of the Top 2 cities in the country along with Austin, Texas for people relocating.  One thing that I am sure of and that is the top public-school teams in Tennessee would get killed by the top public-school teams in Texas.  Texas places much more emphasis and resources on high school football than Tennessee.

1 minute ago, cbg said:

Nashville and the Middle Tennessee area consistently rank as one of the Top 2 cities in the country along with Austin, Texas for people relocating.  One thing that I am sure of and that is the top public-school teams in Tennessee would get killed by the top public-school teams in Texas.  Texas places much more emphasis and resources on high school football than Tennessee.

You’re right so that is not a fair comparison.  I don’t care who wins in Texas, I do care who wins in Tenn.  with whom I am competing.  

20 minutes ago, cbg said:

I would hope so. Texas' population is 5x greater than that of TN and they got all that oil money they can sling around. A more reasonable comparison would be states of similar size 

35 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

I know you think that map proves your point, but if you look at the numbers, it really doesn't.

Like I said 8/10 fastest growing cities are Middle TN. In the long term that's gonna matter bc none of those areas are going to slow anytime soon.

There's plenty more links that back up my point

Edited by MidTennFootball

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Like I said 8/10 fastest growing cities are Middle TN. In the long term that's gonna matter bc none of those areas are going to slow anytime soon.

There's plenty more links that back up my point, just use your Google machine. You know how to use it since you had to look up hyperbole 

psst.  people in knoxville think they are the hot city in TN.  don't burst their bubble.

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Imo, you can’t make the case and include the private schools, because they are just so superior in talent. So I think it has to be split between the two. In terms of Private, it’s the Nashville and Chattanooga area. Knox area teams can’t match up to them right now. In public, Nashville is great but mainly because Oakland is the cash cow there rn. But I’ll put Knoxville public up there at the top when it comes to public. Just my opinion 

this might be true but I said best football.  D2 is arguably the best football and is very weak in knoxville.

2 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

funny this doesn't correlate to state titles.

it did in the top divisions last year.

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

One might argue that Nashville and Chattanooga may have the edge on talented players, but the Knoxville area could have the edge on better coached teams.  

that's a bold statement.  how do you prove this?