Roadrunners Comes To Alnwick…WB vs AE Week #1

GovMan

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

I saw Move up to 6A then you can play them.  Oh I forgot yall won't move up yall like winning little 2A/3a championships hahaha yes I'm starting early hahaha

But they're only playing us because we've been down the last few seasons, you know if we were the Roadrunners of the past winning years, we wouldn't be playing WB....  

Alcoa will not give up a point in Region this year.....They will beat Ravenwood, Maryville and the team from NY

Bearden and West will be two good games.....but that's it two toss up games.....and another state title

8 hours ago, Tonto10 said:

Alcoa will not give up a point in Region this year.....They will beat Ravenwood, Maryville and the team from NY

Bearden and West will be two good games.....but that's it two toss up games.....and another state title

Greeneville isn't gonna just roll over for Alcoa, I'm not a Greeneville guy, but they cannot be forgetting. I think they may likely play them closer than Bearden or west.

Happy for WB. They’ve got some good looking young kids. Feel bad for AE…some great athletes, no depth, and obviously not ready to play. Struggled all night just to get lined up with the correct number of players on the field. That, in my opinion, reflects negatively on coaching.

46 minutes ago, GovMan said:

Happy for WB. They’ve got some good looking young kids. Feel bad for AE…some great athletes, no depth, and obviously not ready to play. Struggled all night just to get lined up with the correct number of players on the field. That, in my opinion, reflects negatively on coaching.

+1

I know AE is struggling and doesn't reflect the competition we'll see the rest of the way, but still, WB was 0-10 last year and a commanding win is a commanding win. The defense didn't give up a touchdown and we ran the ball well. The QB is a really nice athlete and we have to get better at protecting him or he will be getting sacked a lot. Props to Williebgovs and Stan and the others for a good stream. 

Edited by GovForce1

1 hour ago, justafan75 said:

AE is absolutely terrible and the would have to hire Nick Saban to ever be relevant in Knoxville.

Terrible?  No, just first game they'll be ok.  15 /135 in penalties .  Some were questionable but others were just lack of focus.  Coaches will address those this week in practice 

10 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

I know AE is struggling and doesn't reflect the competition we'll see the rest of the way, but still, WB was 0-10 last year and a commanding win is a commanding win. The defense didn't give up a touchdown and we ran the ball well. The QB is a really nice athlete and we have to get better at protecting him or he will be getting sacked a lot. Props to Williebgovs and Stan and the others for a good stream. 

I think the GOVS are much improved and we, AE, took them lightly.  I told someone we play down to our competition level every game and this game we just flat out laid a goose egg.  I'm glad you all got your first win since 2021 season, but I assure you many more will come.  The QB and the brother you all have at RB will be a hard 1-2 punch to stop.  I see yall got some ALcoa players on that team now haha just kidding but good win, we'll see you all next year on the hill.