Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

Just now, Elias287 said:

It’s pretty funny because that’s what everyone was saying about this time last year, so maybe you should take your little conspiracy hat off and look at reality. Nothing’s going to happen because nothing is going on, and if anything is going on, I hate to break it to you. Bearden is not the first school in Knoxville to do it, if anything, they are just joining a pool of already established recruiting schools, but it just seems people can’t accept that. I don’t know enough about the Bearden situation to talk about it, but I know what other schools in Knoxville do, they recruit them young, they get to the parents in Little League, they promise a great education and a free pass to college, and that’s how schools get people like Eli Owens, CJ Smith, etc., but I’ve seen Bearden doesn’t do that, they cut the middleman and start grabbing people from middle school or other schools, so I don’t understand the hatred for Jones. Other than Coach Jones cuts the middle man, every other school in Knoxville does recruiting, and when I say every other school, I mean every school except maybe 2-3 in Knoxville and surrounding areas.

Oh, and also in the Bearden zone, they have produced some absolute dogs, which other schools have taken to not just private schools (West, Maryville, Alcola, etc.), and Coach Jones put a stop to that, and I know that has fated a certain coach(s) at a certain school that Bearden just played because the Bearden high school zone used to be their zone for football. It’s not anymore, and that’s another reason why a lot of people have strong hatred toward Jones.

Just now, Elias287 said:

Oh, and also in the Bearden zone, they have produced some absolute dogs, which other schools have taken to not just private schools (West, Maryville, Alcola, etc.), and Coach Jones put a stop to that, and I know that has fated a certain coach(s) at a certain school that Bearden just played because the Bearden high school zone used to be their zone for football. It’s not anymore, and that’s another reason why a lot of people have strong hatred toward Jones.

Hardin Valley is also going to do this one day, and I wonder what people are going to be calling the coach because he will put a stop to schools taking all of their players. I wonder if they will start calling him a cheater or a recruit.

17 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

they recruit them young, they get to the parents in Little League, they promise a great education and a free pass to college, and that’s how schools get people like Eli Owens, CJ Smith, etc., but I’ve seen Bearden doesn’t do that, they cut the middleman and start grabbing people from middle school or other schools, so I don’t understand the hatred for Jones. Other than Coach Jones cuts the middle man, every other school in Knoxville does recruiting, and when I say every other school, I mean every school except maybe 2-3 in Knoxville and surrounding areas.

Eli came thru the Alcoa school system....been wearing Alcoa colors for a long time.

He has faced Bearden many times in MAC Championships.

PHOTOS/VIDEO/ANALYSIS: Alcoa Middle takes MAC Championship, 56-22, over  Bearden - Five Star Preps

And won!

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Fated?  ion even know what that means.

20 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Eli came thru the Alcoa school system....been wearing Alcoa colors for a long time.

He has faced Bearden many times in MAC Championships.

PHOTOS/VIDEO/ANALYSIS: Alcoa Middle takes MAC Championship, 56-22, over  Bearden - Five Star Preps

And won!

Yeah, yeah, you don’t have to remind me of that game, and hey, one of the best bulldogs during that game, Joe, is now at Alcola. Isn’t that convenient, but still, Eli Owens played many years of his youth, in Maryville red. and then Alcoa came knocking, and we know the rest is history, so don't try to deny the fact that Alcoa doesn't recruit youth football players, you know better than that.

16 minutes ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Go easy on him BC, his time in your neck of the woods didn't go so well and he's still sour

They should’ve played in the Mac championship, but somehow Gibbs won and then Bearden took care of them but it would’ve been so fun seeing a Bearden Mac versus Alcoa Mac in the championship two very dominant teams in that league.

What exactly have all these great Bearden MAC teams gotten the HS? 7-5? 0-1 to start the new year? I don’t really care what Coach Jones and Bearden do. If kids want to play at Bearden, by all means, go for it. But please don’t act like Bearden isn’t bringing kids in from out of the Bearden “zone”. 

33 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

What exactly have all these great Bearden MAC teams gotten the HS? 7-5? 0-1 to start the new year? I don’t really care what Coach Jones and Bearden do. If kids want to play at Bearden, by all means, go for it. But please don’t act like Bearden isn’t bringing kids in from out of the Bearden “zone”. 

Oh, I’m not saying he doesn’t. I thought that was common knowledge, but he definitely does do that, but I’m just saying the bearded middle school team has been great for many years, and as soon as they get to high school, they transfer out, or before they even get to high school, and Coach Jones stepped in as soon as he stepped in. He stopped letting that happen, and it still has. The Bearden and Middle School teams lost a lot of players to West Catholic, etc., but not as many as they usually do, and that’s why a lot of coaches and Knoxville and parents, at least from my experience as an outsider looking in, don’t like Bearden High School because for schools like West, the Bearden zone used to be free picking, but now it’s a lot harder thanks to Jones.

7 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Oh, I’m not saying he doesn’t. I thought that was common knowledge, but he definitely does do that, but I’m just saying the bearded middle school team has been great for many years, and as soon as they get to high school, they transfer out, or before they even get to high school, and Coach Jones stepped in as soon as he stepped in. He stopped letting that happen, and it still has. The Bearden and Middle School teams lost a lot of players to West Catholic, etc., but not as many as they usually do, and that’s why a lot of coaches and Knoxville and parents, at least from my experience as an outsider looking in, don’t like Bearden High School because for schools like West, the Bearden zone used to be free picking, but now it’s a lot harder thanks to Jones.

So you are saying that the majority of dominate players that West has had over the years have come from the “Bearden zone”? I can think of a few dominate players from Halls, Gibbs, and Bearden but for the most part, I think the majority have come inside the West zone. I’m not saying that there is not a zoning issue in Knox County, as that is an entirely different thread.

There are correct ways and not so correct ways to get players to attend a different school. What’s going to get Jones is he’s sloppy and leaves a trail. That’s what is in question. Not about the other schools doing it so it makes it ok. 
All I can say is it doesn’t look good on this one.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

So you are saying that the majority of dominate players that West has had over the years have come from the “Bearden zone”? I can think of a few dominate players from Halls, Gibbs, and Bearden but for the most part, I think the majority have come inside the West zone. I’m not saying that there is not a zoning issue in Knox County, as that is an entirely different thread.

yes, there’s a massive problem, zoning rule in Knox County and only the TSSA Can fix it however, as long as it’s broken, every School is going to use it to their advantage so don’t get mad at the coaches or the players or the parents get mad at the people running this operation.