Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

I’d say coach Jones is out coached today. Or was it his cockiness not taking the field goals.

Also, the long snapper for Bearden almost cost them twice. I wonder how much Jones actually practices special teams.

he’s got enough coaches to assign a special teams coach.

nk excuse for this Bearden. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeritIII said:

This did not age well.  But I will agree - it was “special”.   You may want to work on how you define “best staffs” - Bearden definitely got out coached and out played today.  

After having a few hours to process the victory and rewatch the game...West absolutely should have won this game especially breaking in all of these new starters and at the end of it were way more disciplined than Bearden when it mattered.

So whose to blame is that the coaches or the players? Sure its football but this was the game of their lives - they know better than to screw up a 1st and goal with an unsportsmanlike penalty. Bearden left a lot of points out there and that is on Beardens Staff...West wrestled with a decision to go for it or settle for 3 and the gamble paid off.

I think that the 1st qtr belonged to Bearden, but after that West controlled the game by not letting it get away from them.

It was clear as the game went on that the West coaches outcoached Beardens and West players were better conditioned and wore down Beardens as the game went on.

Proud of West for proving me wrong as Ill wait till next week to plan their funeral.

Go Rebels!

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Yep left 9 sure points out there...kid had a heckuva leg. The one he made could have been good from 53

He’s the number 19 kicker in the nation (which is higher than Farragut's kicker last year and Catholics), and he also makes 50-yarders during practice for the fun of it. I don’t understand why we didn’t let him just get us free points. I guess I will never understand, but I can guarantee you it probably won’t happen again….. I hope.

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

After having a few hours to process the victory and rewatch the game...West absolutely should have won this game especially breaking in all of these new starters and at the end of it were way more disciplined than Bearden when it mattered.

So whose to blame is that the coaches or the players? Sure its football but this was the game of their lives - they know better than to screw up a 1st and goal with an unsportsmanlike penalty. Bearden left a lot of points out there and that is on Beardens Staff...West wrestled with a decision to go for it or settle for 3 and the gamble paid off.

I think that the 1st qtr belonged to Bearden, but after that West controlled the game by not letting it get away from them.

It was clear as the game went on that the West coaches outcoached Beardens and West players were better conditioned and wore down Beardens as the game went on.

Proud of West for proving me wrong as Ill wait till next week to plan their funeral.

Go Rebels!

I mean, let’s be honest with both coaches, we’re doing a pretty bad job. What was that play called on on the fourth and one? The entire line didn’t move. Only the quarterback and one receiver moved. It just looked silly. It was an entire sloppy game—the worst I’ve seen from both teams.

And also Saturday at 12 PM was pretty cool, and there were a lot more people there that probably wouldn’t have come on a Friday or Thursday night, but if you were going to make it a Saturday, at least make it at night. Playing at 12 PM is so weird.

Edited by Dawgz4life

27 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

I mean, let’s be honest with both coaches, we’re doing a pretty bad job. What was that play called on on the fourth and one? The entire line didn’t move. Only the quarterback and one receiver moved. It just looked silly. It was an entire sloppy game—the worst I’ve seen from both teams.

And also Saturday at 12 PM was pretty cool, and there were a lot more people there that probably wouldn’t have come on a Friday or Thursday night, but if you were going to make it a Saturday, at least make it at night. Playing at 12 PM is so weird.

I think the 4th and one was on the QB...he snapped the ball and didnt convert it...then got an ear full from Coach when he got to the sidelines for doing it.

If it was the coach that called that - agreed stupid! 

Gametime at Noon was interesting, will be curious if either team agrees to it again.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

He’s the number 19 kicker in the nation (which is higher than Farragut's kicker last year and Catholics), and he also makes 50-yarders during practice for the fun of it. I don’t understand why we didn’t let him just get us free points. I guess I will never understand, but I can guarantee you it probably won’t happen again….. I hope.

Hey DFL you got your picture on the wall in the halls of BHS man. Don't hope it won't happen again, get down there to to best field house in town and the best practice facility and make it happen. 

13 hours ago, Bulldog27 said:

I’d say coach Jones is out coached today. Or was it his cockiness not taking the field goals.

Also, the long snapper for Bearden almost cost them twice. I wonder how much Jones actually practices special teams.

he’s got enough coaches to assign a special teams coach.

nk excuse for this Bearden. 

They probably don't get off work in time to get to practice.  What free time those 75 non-faculty coaches have they spend on recruiting fairs.  

• Like 1