Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Do you even know how close the WB and Maryville zones are?  There are houses zoned for Maryville that are closer to WB than Maryville.  I do think he moved houses into the Maryville zone and don't think Hunt would take a chance of playing an ineligible player.  If you have proof other wise and other proof than what i explained about Boo turn them into the TSSAA.  

Yeah, I’m real sure it just happened to Maryville really needed a quarterback that season and look here one is moving right into the Maryville zone. 

39 minutes ago, Elias287 said:

Yeah, I’m real sure it just happened to Maryville really needed a quarterback that season and look here one is moving right into the Maryville zone. 

It's not a tough decision for a parent to make to move from Wb zone to Maryville's zone because of the proximity. (It wouldn't change a thing about their day to day life).  If i had a son who I knew could start for Maryville and get them out of the dumpster fire of WB for his Senior year i would have done the same. 

What i don't like is you trying to accuse another school and going off of assumptions but hey you know what they say about assuming......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It's not a tough decision for a parent to make to move from Wb zone to Maryville's zone because of the proximity. (It wouldn't change a thing about their day to day life).  If i had a son who I knew could start for Maryville and get them out of the dumpster fire of WB for his Senior year i would have done the same. 

What i don't like is you trying to accuse another school and going off of assumptions but hey you know what they say about assuming......

I’m not assuming anything I’m just telling you how it goes lmfao

3 hours ago, Elias287 said:

You don’t have to sit out, that’s the thing Boo Carter just exposed that down in Chattanooga maryville got a quarterback transfer last year by Tsaa rule he should’ve sat out, but he didn’t he played. I don’t know how it works. Don’t know why it works, but it works.

Here is the statement about you assuming  what happened with two players just to make yourself look uneducated.  You assumed the Maryville QB last year didn't move and you assumed Boo should have to sit out when he moved 20 miles away into a different county so he would be eligible.  Take the L, Learn, and make more educated comments young pup :thumb:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elias287 said:

That’s not what I’m talking about. 

let’s say a player from Hardin Valley moves like two houses down he still lives in the Harden Valley zone. However, he can pick whatever school he wants to as long as it’s in the 20 minute drive. 

I have figured out how you do things Big E. You just think up any crazy crap you can come up with and just throw it out there and see if it sticks. 20 minutes drive rule? There is a 20 mile rule but not one based on a arbitrary drive time rule. Plus it has to do with transferring into or out of a private school. 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Do you even know how close the WB and Maryville zones are?  There are houses zoned for Maryville that are closer to WB than Maryville.  I do think he moved houses into the Maryville zone and don't think Hunt would take a chance of playing an ineligible player.  If you have proof other wise and other proof than what i explained about Boo turn them into the TSSAA.  

People like coaches and other concerned citizens go out and check addresses. That is how ineligible participants get turned in. Sometime some participants slip through the cracks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elias287 said:

That’s not what I’m talking about. 

let’s say a player from Hardin Valley moves like two houses down he still lives in the Harden Valley zone. However, he can pick whatever school he wants to as long as it’s in the 20 minute drive. 

he wouldn't even have to move to transfer in Knox.  He could just apply for a transfer.  My nephew did it a couple of years ago.  The part you're talking about won't change, but that's not the part thats violating TSSAA rules.  It's the actual recruiting, which can be proved.  That's the part that Bearden and some of the D2 schools run the risk of getting caught in.

Edited by ILB1999

17 hours ago, Elias287 said:

You don’t have to sit out, that’s the thing Boo Carter just exposed that down in Chattanooga maryville got a quarterback transfer last year by Tsaa rule he should’ve sat out, but he didn’t he played. I don’t know how it works. Don’t know why it works, but it works.

you really don't know what you're talking about.

On 8/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, BigTime1950 said:

West Knoxville does have it's problems but at least we don't have a sellout like Dolly that gave in on the Dixie Stampede name. Plus the traffic up in PF, Gatlinsburg,  and Seviesville. Little Pigeon River ruined by by that tourist trap. Turned the foothills and Smokies into a Circus for outsiders. I will make a deal with you MC. l won't go past the French Broad River as long as you don't go west of Neyland Drive and Concord St @ Ailor Avenue.

I really don’t care where you go.  I don’t go west of the Kodak trade center. Ever