Greenbrier @ Springfield

Kevin38

Okay here we go, I watched both teams last night at the Jamboree and really could not tell much other than personel. SPT as usual are pretty small size wise, more so than normal...lol. Having said that I did see some potential, fast and quick like Jacket teams are most of the time. GHS has good size and a pretty good RB to run behind the line, QB ws decent. As far as who is going to win, I dont know, like I said, really hard to get much from either team last night. Thoughts!

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Okay here we go, I watched both teams last night at the Jamboree and really could not tell much other than personel. SPT as usual are pretty small size wise, more so than normal...lol. Having said that I did see some potential, fast and quick like Jacket teams are most of the time. GHS has good size and a pretty good RB to run behind the line, QB ws decent. As far as who is going to win, I dont know, like I said, really hard to get much from either team last night. Thoughts!

38 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Saw both teams play last night.  Springfield’s quickness will be too much, they win 28-7.

I thought a difference between the two was the Jackets sermed to be in better condition 

It was hard to get a good read on Springfield last night. 1st string only played one series on each side of the ball. Those series looked really good, but Wilson usually does that in the jamboree to get all of the kids some playing time. Greenbrier seemed to play their 1’s most of the time except for right at the end. 9,11 and 23 seem to be the main guys for Greenbrier. Springfield looked more crisp in play calling and alignment. I think Springfield wins next week, but I’m not sure by how much. 

Last night was the first time I’ve seen the Jackets. Some of the 1st team trench players appear to be stocky but just short. Looks like tallest starting lineman is roughly 6 ft. They seemed like they could move and fire off the ball. Not sure how good of a measuring stick Rossview was.  I liked the speed. I think we’ll miss #9……he brought the thunder.

As for the Bobcats…..against a even smaller Kirkwood team that had dudes that looked like they were 5 ft 5 on the DL….the Cats had trouble opening holes for 11 (who has the size for the position). He was stuffed a handful of times. Appears Cats had trouble with speed. QB9 had to scramble couple times out of the pocket but did a decent job finding an open receiver 10-15 yds down field. Another thing I noticed about Greenbrier is they had alot of penalties….with the starters they had 3rd and 20-25 a couple of times last night. Cats were in a 3-3-5 defense pretty much whole game and Kirkwood did move the ball against them. Will be interesting to see if they stay with it or change it up.

Game is at the Nest, cross town rivals, several new starters, first game jitters, from what I gathered last night…..I expect the Jackets to make it 10 in a row against the Cats.

27-7 Jackets 

Edited by brian2000
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Last night was the first time I’ve seen the Jackets. Some of the 1st team trench players appear to be stocky but just short. Looks like tallest starting lineman is roughly 6 ft. They seemed like they could move and fire off the ball. Not sure how good of a measuring stick Rossview was.  I liked the speed. I think we’ll miss #9……he brought the thunder.

As for the Bobcats…..against a even smaller Kirkwood team that had dudes that looked like they were 5 ft 5 on the DL….the Cats had trouble opening holes for 11 (who has the size for the position). He was stuffed a handful of times. Appears Cats had trouble with speed. QB9 had to scramble couple times out of the pocket but did a decent job finding an open receiver 10-15 yds down field. Another thing I noticed about Greenbrier is they had alot of penalties….with the starters they had 3rd and 20-25 a couple of times last night. Cats were in a 3-3-5 defense pretty much whole game and Kirkwood did move the ball against them. Will be interesting to see if they stay with it or change it up.

Game is at the Nest, cross town rivals, several new starters, first game jitters, from what I gathered last night…..I expect the Jackets to make it 10 in a row against the Cats.

27-7 Jackets 

Good summation i thought last year’s Bobcat team got better each week that could well be the same thing that happens this year 

Edited by TheCommissioner

17 hours ago, brian2000 said:

27-7 Jackets 

@brian2000
If we dont win this one we are in for a very long year

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1