Lipscomb Academy vs IMG

ChuckDSanAntonio

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

that was TSU but they are about the same size.  no joke.  

Out of curiosity, why would TSU practice at Lipscomb?  Another question, does Lipscomb practice on Saturday after a Friday night game?  I know that some of the top programs do this, but most high school coaches seem to give the kids both Saturday and Sunday off once the season begins.  

41 minutes ago, cbg said:

Out of curiosity, why would TSU practice at Lipscomb?  Another question, does Lipscomb practice on Saturday after a Friday night game?  I know that some of the top programs do this, but most high school coaches seem to give the kids both Saturday and Sunday off once the season begins.  

not sure why TSU came over but we have lots of other folks using our turf which as we have discussed is one of the benefits.  i think LA works out on saturdays but not sure about practice.  i'm usually gone by 9:30.

15 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

By any chance did anyone here watch the streaming broadcast of the game?  I was wondering how the quality of it was compared to NFHS.  This one was done through a company called FloSports that I've never heard of before,

the broadcast is still on youtube and I thought it was pretty well done.  way better than NFHS for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

not sure why TSU came over but we have lots of other folks using our turf which as we have discussed is one of the benefits.  i think LA works out on saturdays but not sure about practice.  i'm usually gone by 9:30.

the broadcast is still on youtube and I thought it was pretty well done.  way better than NFHS for sure.

Thanks but I must admit I had an different motivation for asking.  I had watched it already and thought the quality was pretty good. Def better than that garbage NFHS puts out. My 21 year old son works in film/video production and was one of the two cameramen on this game.  He's done tons of work on music videos, commercials, reality TV, documentaries, Netflix , Amazon and other streaming services but this was his first football game.  His only other sports job is a recurring gig on pro boxing in Nashville.  Just wanted at least one unbiased opinion.  Thank you.  He enjoyed it and hopes to get more of those types of jobs to build his resume.

Edited by ttitan27

9 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Thanks but I must admit I had an different motivation for asking.  I had watched it already and thought the quality was pretty good. Def better than that garbage NFHS puts out. My 21 year old son works in film/video production and was one of the two cameramen on this game.  He's done tons of work on music videos, commercials, reality TV, documentaries, Netflix , Amazon and other streaming services but this was his first football game.  His only other sports job is a recurring gig on pro boxing in Nashville.  Just wanted at least one unbiased opinion.  Thank you.  He enjoyed it and hopes to get more of those types of jobs to build his resume.

oh nice!  always cool to see your kiddo crushing it!  

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:14 PM, Redskin15 said:

We left before the game was completed and the last play we saw Deuce had to come out with something wrong with his hand.  That's great news he was able to finish the game.  I left there a big LA fan because they stepped up their game and played a team that they on paper couldn't match up with but gave them a pretty good fight for 48 minutes.  LA team will be better for playing talent like this and it will help our UT Commits when they play at the next level.  

If anyone wants anymore confirmation on Edwin Spillman's violence just needs to watch him hit against Saraland.  That kid is scary!