Springfield (1-0) @ Clarksville (1-0)

Kevin38

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

All my money is on Clarksville, from the last half of last season until now… this is not the same par/sub-par Clarksville team. They’re filled with talent. 

I can understand your stance, I watched their game on YouTube last night and they have size and looked really sharp even though Mont. Central looked pretty bad. I believe the Jackets can win, but if they make as many mistakes as they did last night, this one could get away from them...

This will be one of the better games of the week.

It will be the 100th meeting between these two teams. 

Clarksville will have the Home Field advantage and may be the better team, led by a very strong O-line.

But Springfield always plays Clarksville hard, and they have the momentum of winning the last 4 meetings. Coach Shelby is 3 and 6 against the jackets since he's been at CHS, and this is most likely  seen as a must win game for a team that is looking to be seen as a legitimate program.

Clarksville's field is in the best shape I have ever seen it in, and Friday looks to be a hot one with a high of 99.

I recommend Dock 17 restaurant for Jacket's fans looking to grab dinner near-by.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I can understand your stance, I watched their game on YouTube last night and they have size and looked really sharp even though Mont. Central looked pretty bad. I believe the Jackets can win, but if they make as many mistakes as they did last night, this one could get away from them...

Maybe so, Clarksville can easily be a 10-0 team so it’s not you’re losing to a cupcake.

If Springfield can get the bad/high snap situation fixed the offense will look 10x better. For most of the game last week the offense was out of sink due to poor snaps. Routes looked good and there was running lanes but the timing was off because of the snaps. Defense looked good as always but if the O puts them in bad spots this week, it’ll be a long night for the Jackets.

I think it’s going to be a low scoring affair. I think Springfield wins a close hard fought game. Maybe 20-13 or 17-10.  I think the Drew Wilson defense will stand tall this week and pull out a win. When you have a young team like Springfield has they will make positive strides every week with live play. The question is how many positive strides will they take. 

• Upvote 1