Cornersville @ Forrest

dawgswin

11 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Most teams play up in non region games, helps build a stronger team! Maybe this is a nod, they know we are a strong team! (Last year don’t count, I love when people use last year as an example. Please keep thinking that is the team you are playing Friday!)

Cornersville coach last year was the worst I have ever seen. Still have not figured out how he got the job, but that is in the past the program seems to be back on track with Coach Cook.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cornerback10 said:

Cornersville would have (2) more wins, if the Chapel Hill administration wasn't scared to play in 2017 and 2018. I have it on good authority that they declined Cornersville's request for a two game series. The meeting took place at the Sonic in front of Brook's Grocery. 

Official records in the series are Forrest 49 wins, Cornersville 11 wins and 2 ties. Adding Cornersville's 2  would-a-been victories in 2017, 2018 for a series total of:   49-11-2-2.

I will spend the rest of the week going over the other years the teams did not play and assign the would-a-been wins accordingly.

1 hour ago, cornerback10 said:

Want to make a $20 wager on Ben Franklin breaking the 331 record Friday? 

I don't need $20 and all my betting is on FanDuel. Town is putting a lot of pressure on a 17 year old. 

Last year against the worst defense our school has ever put on the field, he had one highlight run and the team scored 6 points. Seven other teams scored 5 or more TDs on us. Not sure if he was in the top 8 for yardage allowed against a defense that gave up over 400 yards most games.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last year against the worst defense our school has ever put on the field, he had one highlight run and the team scored 6 points. Seven other teams scored 5 or more TDs on us. Not sure if he was in the top 8 for yardage allowed against a defense that gave up over 400 yards most games.

i was trying to say this earlier. i guess i wasnt obvious enough. 

6 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Last year…. Bah bah bah! 

Ben will have a great game no doubt. There is no pressure on him because he has other guys around who are also going to make plays. Defensively and offensively. These boys are only getting stronger every week since summer practice started. 

mostly cliches, but i agree that last years game doesnt really matter. 

If Forrest cannot get up for C'ville in their home opener, why else would you keep Coach Eli

2 hours ago, dawgswin said:

Wouldn’t have even been a close game either year. They knew better than not to play those years, after our middle school blew them out with the same kids.

When was the last middle school game between the two? Both middle schools are undefeated right now, why aren't they playing?

54 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

Why does Forrest always schedule teams a classification below them? Current enrollment Cornersville-314 Forrest-530. Maybe try scheduling Marshall County next time the enrollment gap is close to the same. Marshall-819 

Which is it ? Cornersville is about to beat our brakes off in one post and the next why are they picking on a 1A school? 

Traditional rivalry, intra-county game, a big money gate with lower travel costs for both teams. A game the players will be talking about 20 years from now.  It's 1A vs 2A not a big deal. We opened with 3A Watertown? Richland opened with a 5A. We played 6A Rockvale in a Jamboree three years in a row. Fayetteville and MacKenzie would have beaten most 5A teams in the state last year. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Salem said:

When was the last middle school game between the two? Both middle schools are undefeated right now, why aren't they playing?

Which is it ? Cornersville is about to beat our brakes off in one post and the next why are they picking on a 1A school? 

Traditional rivalry, intra-county game, a big money gate with lower travel costs for both teams. A game the players will be talking about 20 years from now.  It's 1A vs 2A not a big deal. We opened with 3A Watertown? Richland opened with a 5A. We played 6A Rockvale in a Jamboree three years in a row. Fayetteville and MacKenzie would have beaten most 5A teams in the state last year. 

I agree they should be it would be a great game between the two. It was when the the 2017 seniors were in 8th grade whatever year that would have been, it was a blowout. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

All would apply to Marshall County as well. If beating 1A Cornersville is the highlight of your season Forrest has more problems than Eli. I stand corrected on your schedule I see that Forrest plays 3 schools that are 3A with a combined record of 7-25 last year that is really stepping out of your comfort zone.

22 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

All would apply to Marshall County as well. If beating 1A Cornersville is the highlight of your season Forrest has more problems than Eli. I stand corrected on your schedule I see that Forrest plays 3 schools that are 3A with a combined record of 7-25 last year that is really stepping out of your comfort zone.

We've scrimmaged MCHS in years past and talked about picking them up in season but Marshall County has 7 region games and picks up Shelbyville and Columbia in weeks 1 and 2. Fayetteville was the only team in our region off that week. Forrest doesn't have the rep of dodging competition. We've scheduled BGA, Lauderdale Co (AL), Page, Watertown, and East Robertson out of region.  We avoid the Perry Countys, Grace Christians, and Zion Christians that CHS snags.