MacMinn @Cleveland

fooseball95

On 8/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Cleveland’s pass defense is what looked rough. The run defense was pretty solid. If McMinn isn’t passing the ball much I think Cleveland will be fine. 

Doubt McMinn tries to throw it. It will be much like the Bradley game. Trying to drain clock and keep the ball out of Cleveland's hands. But yeah, if they can stop the run this game won't be close

On 8/20/2023 at 10:46 PM, RichyRich said:

I've always found mcminn an oddity, at most schools the quarterback is the most revered  position on the team, but in athens its the running back,  seems like it's always been that way too, pretty much my whole life mcminn has a good running backs and relied on them heavily.

You absolutely correct on that one. Many great running backs have come out of McMinn. In that offense you or I could be the Qb just because their sole job is to handoff. But what puzzles me is the fact that Cagle wont throw the ball just to keep things honest? You can throw out of that offense. But you know now that teams are going to load up that box and dare the Cherokees to throw it? 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Humorist said:

You absolutely correct on that one. Many great running backs have come out of McMinn. In that offense you or I could be the Qb just because their sole job is to handoff. But what puzzles me is the fact that Cagle wont throw the ball just to keep things honest? You can throw out of that offense. But you know now that teams are going to load up that box and dare the Cherokees to throw it? 

Everyone on mcminn side was saying the same thing, playing the most predictable offense known to man, other years they mix it up somewhat but always have relied on a break away runner as far back I can remember 

Edited by RichyRich

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Everyone on mcminn side was saying the same thing, playing the most predictable offense known to man, other years they mix it up somewhat but always have relied on a break away runner as far back I can remember 

Part of being a great coach is is making adjustments based on your personnel. With Cagle being an old school wing T guy, u gotta find a way to mix it up. Mcminn has had some tough teams under him but has the game passed his style up?

15 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Part of being a great coach is is making adjustments based on your personnel. With Cagle being an old school wing T guy, u gotta find a way to mix it up. Mcminn has had some tough teams under him but has the game passed his style up?

If I am being honest with you, I don't think many people care for cagle, not that great of a coach, and even worse teacher that showed favoritism even as a former athlete I saw it, he taught geography  and all we did in that class was color maps and I am not even joking with you, I think alot of people miss the days of coach mullinax, we've had  quite a few winning seasons under cagle, but I feel like if mullinax was coaching some of those teams they could have went 10-0 in regular season and possibly made it pasted the 3rd round for once. 

Edited by RichyRich

Fooseball I remember when I was a Bradley and Chief was the coach. Was he a great guy? Yes. Did he care more for Bradley than ever? Absolutely. Did it become time for him to step aside? Yes. All those things can be true and it’s not a bad day thing or no I’ll will toward anyone. These coaches sacrifice and give so much for their schools. I just see a similar situation with Cagle. That’s not to take away all the hard work commitment and sacrifice he has given for McMinn

36 minutes ago, MCKees said:

Regarding the head coach at McMinn, yes Fooseball the game has passed him up. He cares for the school greatly but he should step aside and let a young exciting guy step in. My choice all day would be Simbeck. I hate the wing T

Sometimes it just time for new blood. Bo has done well at McMinn though, they had one of the best teams in the state a few years ago.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MCKees said:

Fooseball I remember when I was a Bradley and Chief was the coach. Was he a great guy? Yes. Did he care more for Bradley than ever? Absolutely. Did it become time for him to step aside? Yes. All those things can be true and it’s not a bad day thing or no ill will toward anyone. These coaches sacrifice and give so much for their schools. I just see a similar situation with Cagle. That’s not to take away all the hard work commitment and sacrifice he has given for McMinn

True, I get it 

How is Cleveland looking on their fast paced offense so far? If they can run a Heupel type fast pace offense correctly with few penalties they will be a force to be reckoned with by everybody. High school defenses will be hard pressed to stop that. Cleveland will make a deep run if they master it