MacMinn @Cleveland

fooseball95

30 minutes ago, MCKees said:

How is Cleveland looking on their fast paced offense so far? If they can run a Heupel type fast pace offense correctly with few penalties they will be a force to be reckoned with by everybody. High school defenses will be hard pressed to stop that. Cleveland will make a deep run if they master it 

Looked pretty good 1st half against Clinton. Slowed it down quite a bit in the second half. They did some things I’d never seen before. Had 300 hundred yards rushing and 200 passing I believe.

59 minutes ago, MCKees said:

How is Cleveland looking on their fast paced offense so far? If they can run a Heupel type fast pace offense correctly with few penalties they will be a force to be reckoned with by everybody. High school defenses will be hard pressed to stop that. Cleveland will make a deep run if they master it 

Still learning it, looks great at times but lacking consistency. I think they will get better as the season goes 

36 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Looked pretty good 1st half against Clinton. Slowed it down quite a bit in the second half. They did some things I’d never seen before. Had 300 hundred yards rushing and 200 passing I believe.

That could be bad news for the Kees then 

6 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Part of being a great coach is is making adjustments based on your personnel. With Cagle being an old school wing T guy, u gotta find a way to mix it up. Mcminn has had some tough teams under him but has the game passed his style up?

I think people forget Cagle’s records over the last 10-15 years lol. Dude is definitely not just a wing T guy like some are suggesting. He has only ran it a couple of years out of his tenure and it’s usually during down years athletically. The man knows how to adapt to the personnel he is given. So this doesn’t make much sense. Other than a few years here and there, he has had great success. Even won 3 out of 4 region championships from 2009-2012. Had some of the best rushing attacks ever during those years as well. 

9 hours ago, BustinHeads101 said:

I think people forget Cagle’s records over the last 10-15 years lol. Dude is definitely not just a wing T guy like some are suggesting. He has only ran it a couple of years out of his tenure and it’s usually during down years athletically. The man knows how to adapt to the personnel he is given. So this doesn’t make much sense. Other than a few years here and there, he has had great success. Even won 3 out of 4 region championships from 2009-2012. Had some of the best rushing attacks ever during those years as well. 

I’m not saying Cagle isn’t a good coach. I’m saying sometimes programs need change for the better of the future. A different football mind, a different excitement for the fans. 

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

I’m not saying Cagle isn’t a good coach. I’m saying sometimes programs need change for the better of the future. A different football mind, a different excitement for the fans. 

Tygard will have his team ready to play every game and excited. He is a master at public relations and developing both student and community support. I firmly believe in a day and age where parents will relocate to provide the best opportunity for their kids you will see more and more talent coming into the area, especially at receiver and QB. You can expect the ideal of onside kicks to always be prevalent. He understands that if a team's offense is going to score they are going to in 80 yards or 50. Statistics show you have almost dead even shot at kick of recovery. whereas you push that back in their favor for a long run unless you have a kicker who can put it in the endzone every time. Still a lot of building to do with in the program, but I expect great things for the kids and Raider fans this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Tygard will have his team ready to play every game and excited. He is a master at public relations and developing both student and community support. I firmly believe in a day and age where parents will relocate to provide the best opportunity for their kids you will see more and more talent coming into the area, especially at receiver and QB. You can expect the ideal of onside kicks to always be prevalent. He understands that if a team's offense is going to score they are going to in 80 yards or 50. Statistics show you have almost dead even shot at kick of recovery. whereas you push that back in their favor for a long run unless you have a kicker who can put it in the endzone every time. Still a lot of building to do with in the program, but I expect great things for the kids and Raider fans this year. 

So far man he’s way ahead of what I expected him to implement especially with transfers in only year 1. It’s honestly a sweet deal on what cleveland gave him. No teaching at all and everything football from K-12. Same offense from k-12 and ppl are already buying in

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

So far man he’s way ahead of what I expected him to implement especially with transfers in only year 1. It’s honestly a sweet deal on what cleveland gave him. No teaching at all and everything football from K-12. Same offense from k-12 and ppl are already buying in

If everyone stays on the train the program will be hard to stop. Maryville kinda similar in that they run their programs from youth league, feeder Middle Schools and High School the philosophy.  They are so strong fundamentally that it allows coaches to coach and not have to go back and teach tackling, blocking, wrapping up, pass defense and so on. I am planning foregoing the miserable Blackman season and coming to a few of the Cleveland games 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If everyone stays on the train the program will be hard to stop. Maryville kinda similar in that they run their programs from youth league, feeder Middle Schools and High School the philosophy.  They are so strong fundamentally that it allows coaches to coach and not have to go back and teach tackling, blocking, wrapping up, pass defense and so on. I am planning foregoing the miserable Blackman season and coming to a few of the Cleveland games 

Kriesky can’t be that bad bro lol

14 hours ago, BustinHeads101 said:

Agreed. This is the first year Cagle has not ran the spread at Mcminn for the last 6-7 years. However, his philosophy has always been the same no matter what offense he has. Establish the run first, which most good teams have to do to be successful, and then open up the passing game very moderately from there. I will disagree that the game has passed him up, but I do think some new offensive flavor could benefit the football program in attracting kids to want to play there.