DB @ West Ridge WK3

DBKPT93

1 hour ago, DBKPT93 said:

After reading about what happened in the Boone game, I think the Wolves are going to get in that wing t offense and try to hold on to the ball as long as they can. Trying to keep it close for as long as possible 

Don't judge anything by that game, Boone is at best below mediocre this year

25 minutes ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

It wouldn't surprise me, but I think that's a terrible idea, admittedly I didn't see the Farragut game but DB looked very stout on defense against Greeneville minus the coverage bust and drive just before the storm. The offense though leaves a lot to be desiered. I honestly think the key for West Ridge is a fast start then go to the ground game and eat clock.

I personally dislike taking the ball first, but if WR wins the toss I think it would he a good idea to take it and try to put up a quick 7.

WR does not have much of a passing game, if they try to get into a shoot-out then they will go down quickly.     

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

WR does not have much of a passing game, if they try to get into a shoot-out then they will go down quickly.     

I know, but getting an early lead would be huge for WR. I don't think anybody on this side of Knoxville is going to beat DB by just running straight at them. Even SH doesn't do that.

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Here’s a question everyone seems to be avoiding. Does DB make a change at QB? The offense is struggling. Everyone on here talks about the D being stout and the O lagging. So, does anyone think a change might spark the O? 

From what I saw Hurd wasn't the problem against Greenevill, conservative play calling was.

If I remember correctly they only threw one deep play and it was in a good spot the reciever just didn't make the play. Everything else was a run screen orTE in the flat.

2 hours ago, KPTwrestlingfan said:

From what I saw Hurd wasn't the problem against Greenevill, conservative play calling was.

If I remember correctly they only threw one deep play and it was in a good spot the reciever just didn't make the play. Everything else was a run screen orTE in the flat.

Is that because the play calling is off, or because the play calling is limited because of the QB play? I hear he’s a real good kid. Maybe he’s just not ready yet or needs a larger sample size. If WR isn’t all that, he may have a chance to gain some confidence in his play. If he doesn’t perform well in this game though, I think the writing is on the wall. It’s a lot of pressure for a teenager to have on his shoulders, and remember, these are just kids playing a game. I would never put a kid down. Just looking at this from different angles. Everything is better when EHS, Science Hill and DB are all relevant. Besides, I don’t want the “having a down year” excuse when Betsy comes to town. Good luck going forward.

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Is that because the play calling is off, or because the play calling is limited because of the QB play? I hear he’s a real good kid. Maybe he’s just not ready yet or needs a larger sample size. If WR isn’t all that, he may have a chance to gain some confidence in his play. If he doesn’t perform well in this game though, I think the writing is on the wall. It’s a lot of pressure for a teenager to have on his shoulders, and remember, these are just kids playing a game. I would never put a kid down. Just looking at this from different angles. Everything is better when EHS, Science Hill and DB are all relevant. Besides, I don’t want the “having a down year” excuse when Betsy comes to town. Good luck going forward.

It doesn't matter. DB excuses will be flying win or lose. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I think it'd probably a combo of things. DB honestly hass been pretty conservative the last few years but they've also had a good group of backs to feed. Like I mentioned above I didn't watch the Farragut game so I can't talk about it, but I just wonder if the coaches didn't want to get into a track meet with Greeneville, so they tried to take the air out of the ball. The one deep ball they threw was a pretty good ball, if Hurd can somewhat consistently throw it that way then I don't see why the coaches wouldn't let him throw it more.