Mt. Juliet @ Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

First region game here folks. Gallatin comes in fresh off a nice victory over Station Camp. Gtown is never short of athletes and seems to have something going on offense. Mt. Juliet is 2-0 but will face the best offense it’s seen thus far, on the other end I believe Gtown will face the best defense it’s seen by far. This is a long rivalry, not sure how long it dates back to… but it should be an exciting atmosphere come Friday night!

2 minutes ago, MrFootball71 said:

Offenses in this game are pretty even. Defenses are not. Gallatin is giving up over 40 points a game. That continues, Mount Juliet 49 Gallatin 28

I would totally agree with you on your assessment after week 1, but after last night seeing what happened to Cane Ridge, I think this game will be really close. This region should be fun to watch.

This rivalry is one of my favorites of all time.  The TSSAA made a rule in the 80’s referred to as the Mt. Juliet rule.  It came about because only the district winners made the playoffs and MJ would lose to Gallatin and miss the playoffs with arguably the 2nd best team in the state.  2-0 games come to mind when talking about these two teams.  One is pretty seasoned and the other is trying to find themselves as they trek along.  I expect a great game.  I’m definitely going with the over in this one.  Hopefully the heat will be out of the way this week.  Region game on the line that will  set the tone for how this region shakes out.

I am hoping for a few adjustments on defense this week in preparation for a tough MJ squad.  The offensive timing and snapping need to get better but so far the offense has been really fun to watch.  Everything is still a work in progress but I like the intensity and will of this team.  1st region matchup for both and with this being another rivalry type game, not the caliber of Hendersonville and SC but still a heated matchup, I see both teams coming out ready to get another victory.  MJ will provide a huge test, Perry will have a very prepared team coming in.  With Gallatin only having 4 home games, this game will be half of them in the first 3 weeks.  Travers could have a career night just like the previous 2 QB’s if things don’t change.  Should be a great atmosphere and a lot better temperatures!!

On 8/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, wave88 said:

This rivalry is one of my favorites of all time.  The TSSAA made a rule in the 80’s referred to as the Mt. Juliet rule.  It came about because only the district winners made the playoffs and MJ would lose to Gallatin and miss the playoffs with arguably the 2nd best team in the state.  2-0 games come to mind when talking about these two teams.  One is pretty seasoned and the other is trying to find themselves as they trek along.  I expect a great game.  I’m definitely going with the over in this one.  Hopefully the heat will be out of the way this week.  Region game on the line that will  set the tone for how this region shakes out.

Good stuff

• Like 1