BA has some issues …..

QuickStrike

Wow! That didn't take long. Two very close games. Probably will lose some more this year. All about players. Cody White won two state championship games off a player making plays when nothing was there. Jerimiah Oatsvall won those games and I am sure the call was not Jerimiah " Do Something and score".

5 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Wow! That didn't take long. Two very close games. Probably will lose some more this year. All about players. Cody White won two state championship games off a player making plays when nothing was there. Jerimiah Oatsvall won those games and I am sure the call was not Jerimiah " Do Something and score".

JO was a great high school player, but they had plenty of talent.   This offense is an absolute mess right now.  

This experiment wont last long if the ship isnt corrected quickly

Just now, QuickStrike said:

JO was a great high school player, but they had plenty of talent.   This offense is an absolute mess right now.  

LA is in the same boat but since we only had dilfer for 4 years, it is easy to remember his first year wasn't a piece of cake.  I think both teams will make lots of progress in the coming weeks.  don't press panic yet.

18 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

Not a good start for Coach Gill.   5 star QB, transfer portal additions from Webb, Kentucky, and Oakland.  

0-2 and look really bad.   You cant lose to Brentwood High.   

This isnt Arkansas.  

Got to be an able to run the ball efficiently. I think this a growing pains and Gill not knowing the area. Nobody’s gone lay down. BA on a bad year will always have a target on its back.

12 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

LA is in the same boat but since we only had dilfer for 4 years, it is easy to remember his first year wasn't a piece of cake.  I think both teams will make lots of progress in the coming weeks.  don't press panic yet.

Not pressing the panic button, but there are plenty of coaches in the midstate that would do more with the talent.

Averaging 17.5 ppg through 2 games is an embarrassment!

BA needs BA people.   This hire will be a disaster.  Mark my words. 

23 minutes ago, QuickStrike said:

I just think it is sad that fans get all upset so quick and point fingers at coaches. They did not lose to poor teams.

Edited by fb247

5 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

After watching the game last night your new QB could use a lot of training and coaching by TD.  IMO, he is a good athlete but his fundamentals and decision making skills are a long way from being a 4* QB.  In high school football a team must have great decision making skills from the QB position if you want to win against the elite teams.  You can’t merely “out athlete” ever team you play!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, cbg said:

After watching the game last night your new QB could use a lot of training and coaching by TD.  IMO, he is a good athlete but his fundamentals and decision making skills are a long way from being a 4* QB.  In high school football a team must have great decision making skills from the QB position if you want to win against the elite teams.  You can’t merely “out athlete” ever team you play!

while he has some work to do on ball security, I think his decision making is phenomenal as are his skills.  but yes, he is getting coaching I am sure.  part of the problem is he has not had long to gel with his team.  he throws harder than anything they have seen and the ball is spinning backwards (he's a lefty).  that just takes time to adjust to plus he can make plays and throws and the players have to keep playing and not stop because it looks like a sack because he will get the ball out sometimes and hit a player who wasn't expecting it. (wow what a long sentence)

ok, back to BA's issues.  : )

38 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

ok, back to BA's issues.  : )

Some of BA's issues are similar to your comment about "gel". BA got some transfers late also. They all need time to gel.

I understand that "thngs happen" and "people's jobss move them" but in both cases, LA and BA got new players in July. They would have been eligible to practice and workout with their teams in June if they had been part of (presumably) a typical admissions and enrollment cycle. I guess I'm asking why so many seem to wait until July to get on campus.

• Upvote 1