Upperman vs Macon Co

crow6424

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Where are the illegal transfers on Upperman’s team?  Name one… actually name A single transfer on this team. 

Didn't Rollins actually transfer from CHS? I'm fairly sure he actually went there his freshman year.  Not saying it was "illegal" but you asked for a transfer, thought i'd chime in, lol.  

upperman's defense is too good.  If they stay healthy, it will be a few rounds into the playoffs before they are challenged.  Offense obviously has some things to clean up

8 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

Didn't Rollins actually transfer from CHS? I'm fairly sure he actually went there his freshman year.  Not saying it was "illegal" but you asked for a transfer, thought i'd chime in, lol.  

upperman's defense is too good.  If they stay healthy, it will be a few rounds into the playoffs before they are challenged.  Offense obviously has some things to clean up

Yes he transferred from cookeville 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alumn89 said:

Ok so out of the entire team we have one transfer from Cookeville and a legal transfer at that!  So to my point this isn’t Putnam vs Macon and this ain’t Memphis either. 

• Upvote 1

I thought there was a bill passed in 2021 that forced all public schools in TN to be open enrollment. If the building school and class has room. 

SENATE BILL 788

All LEA (Local Education Agencies) I would think this means the county. 

Before the start of each school year, an LEA shall identify each school that, based on the school's capacities at the building, grade, class, and program levels, has space available to enroll and serve additional students. In determining available space at the class level, an LEA may use the class size averages specified in § 49-1-104

An LEA may reserve a reasonable number of enrollment spaces each school year from the number of spaces, if any, determined by the LEA to be available for enrollment for purposes of this section, to accommodate the potential enrollment of students who may relocate within the respective school zone, students who may have a sibling enrolled at the respective school, and students who may have a parent who teaches at the respective school.

(c) Before the start of each school year, each LEA shall conduct an open enrollment period of at least thirty (30) days during which a parent or guardian of a student residing within the LEA may apply for enrollment of the parent's or guardian's student in a school that the student is not zoned to attend. During the open enrollment period, a parent or guardian may submit an application for transfer to a school identified by the LEA as having space available to enroll and serve additional students.

16 hours ago, BigMan101 said:

He played his freshman year there. He played for their freshman team and played vs upperman in a jv game. He scored on the first play of the game

Maybe he did play freshman JV ball there. But the three best UHS players, in my opinion,  were the big defensive lineman #9, the big OL and DL #62, and the big QB #8 .......all of which came up threw the stingers, middle school system. 

14 hours ago, UTRok said:

I thought there was a bill passed in 2021 that forced all public schools in TN to be open enrollment. If the building school and class has room. 

SENATE BILL 788

All LEA (Local Education Agencies) I would think this means the county. 

Before the start of each school year, an LEA shall identify each school that, based on the school's capacities at the building, grade, class, and program levels, has space available to enroll and serve additional students. In determining available space at the class level, an LEA may use the class size averages specified in § 49-1-104

An LEA may reserve a reasonable number of enrollment spaces each school year from the number of spaces, if any, determined by the LEA to be available for enrollment for purposes of this section, to accommodate the potential enrollment of students who may relocate within the respective school zone, students who may have a sibling enrolled at the respective school, and students who may have a parent who teaches at the respective school.

(c) Before the start of each school year, each LEA shall conduct an open enrollment period of at least thirty (30) days during which a parent or guardian of a student residing within the LEA may apply for enrollment of the parent's or guardian's student in a school that the student is not zoned to attend. During the open enrollment period, a parent or guardian may submit an application for transfer to a school identified by the LEA as having space available to enroll and serve additional students.

That bill has no barring to the excuse makers. But yes Putnam, like most county's, is open enrolled if there is space. Cookeville always has space, UHS has been shut down several times. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

11 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Maybe he did play freshman JV ball there. But the three best UHS players, in my opinion,  were the big defensive lineman #9, the big OL and DL #62, and the big QB #8 .......all of which came up threw the stingers, middle school system. 

Number 62 is also a transfer from cookeville. He was with Avery trace middle school and did summer workouts with the Cookeville freshman team. He transferred to UHS after he did a few weeks of workouts with cookeville 

13 hours ago, BigMan101 said:

Number 62 is also a transfer from cookeville. He was with Avery trace middle school and did summer workouts with the Cookeville freshman team. He transferred to UHS after he did a few weeks of workouts with cookeville 

I might have got the number wring on the lineman. Point being we have 9 state champions in football.....how much more watered down do we need to go before everyone think thing are completely fair for thier school to compete in? 10, 12, 15? 

On 9/2/2023 at 10:33 AM, Alumn89 said:

Uhs has depth issues. Alot of two way players