Covington at Dyersburg: September 1, 2023

Well, I’m looking forward to my trip to Dyersburg this week. I’m not sure how the game will come out. I need to remember to leave my hearing aids at home because of the heck’$ Angels motorcycle gang (editor won’t accept their real name) that evidently holds the town captive and shows their domination by roaring around the athletic field track before football games. It’s pretty loud, as I recall.

Game-wise I have these comments: If Dyersburg is as proficient passing the ball as Munford and Brighton were, it could be a long night for the Charger D.  We gave up a lot of passing yards to each of those teams. Our run defense is pretty strong, so I’m hoping to see D’burg stick to their traditional rushing oriented offense. 

My Chargers are gonna try to run the ball. It’s what we do. As I told my 10-year-old grandson last week, a famous football coach (Darryl Royal, as I recall) once said “Three things can happen when you pass the football and two of them are bad”.  It’s why he ran the wishbone at Texas. It’s also in line with Coach JR Kirby’s thinking. 

So, I hear that Dyersburg is a much better team this year. Covington may not be as strong as we were last year. The Trojans have the home-field advantage, which is a big deal. Still, I’m a Charger fan and will come in looking for my team to go home with a win.

Edited by CHARGERFAN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I need to remember to leave my hearing aids at home because of the heck’$ Angels motorcycle gang (editor won’t accept their real name) that evidently holds the town captive and shows their domination by roaring around the athletic field track before football games. It’s pretty loud, as I recall.

The bike is yet to make an appearance at Dyersburg this season but if/when he sees the post I bet we see him Friday. LOL

I played for the Chargers some years ago, awesome program!! I know there is a lot of hype around D-burg this year. Covington is Covington and will do there thing however they need to pass the ball more!! If D-burg has a passing game, long night for the Chargers, if not, good for us. 

Should be an awesome ballgame either way!!

I'm going Chargers 28,   Trojans 24

Go Chargers!!

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, I’m looking forward to my trip to Dyersburg this week. I’m not sure how the game will come out. I need to remember to leave my hearing aids at home because of the heck’$ Angels motorcycle gang (editor won’t accept their real name) that evidently holds the town captive and shows their domination by roaring around the athletic field track before football games. It’s pretty loud, as I recall.

Game-wise I have these comments: If Dyersburg is as proficient passing the ball as Munford and Brighton were, it could be a long night for the Charger D.  We gave up a lot of passing yards to each of those teams. Our run defense is pretty strong, so I’m hoping to see D’burg stick to their traditional rushing oriented offense. 

My Chargers are gonna try to run the ball. It’s what we do. As I told my 10-year-old grandson last week, a famous football coach (Darryl Royal, as I recall) once said “Three things can happen when you pass the football and two of them are bad”.  It’s why he ran the wishbone at Texas. It’s also in line with Coach JR Kirby’s thinking. 

So, I hear that Dyersburg is a much better team this year. Covington may not be as strong as we were last year. The Trojans have the home-field advantage, which is a big deal. Still, I’m a Charger fan and will come in looking for my team to go home with a win.

Don’t have to worry about Dyersburg throwing the ball as long as Stowe calling plays. Run defense is really good can’t stop the pass. If Covington can’t throw then I’ll take Dyersburg 21 14

1. Covington QB can sling it;  will Kirby surprise Dyersburg and take the reigns off his QB?

2. Heard a lot about how good Dyersburg is up front on D,  but it seems like both DC and Lake County QB stayed upright with not much pressure?  Has Stowe been playing the “fox” with the D?  Has Stowe held the dogs back in the first two games to maybe surprise the Chargers by taking them off the chain and getting pressure on the QB?

If Dyersburg D is able to get pressure, all night, on the QB, then I will take the Trojans 28-14.  

9 hours ago, TrojanEst88 said:

Dyersburg can pass well but Stowe spooks easy. A interception and he won’t throw for the rest of the game. 

Sounds like the Chargers too! Or two incompletions and "nope, that won't work" back to run. 

I truly feel that Dburg and Covington are two teams that could be in the semis (at the least) every year and even bring home multiple gold balls if they would "Pass the Ball!!)  Can't beat Alcoa being one dimensional. Heck it's hard to being two dimensional!