Favorites to win each class

BallIsLife1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

USJ is a solid team. Lots of young talent. If Davis and Reynolds can get some help and some support Mckenzie will be hard to beat. Lots of teams will be better later in year. Mckenzie, Westview, Gibson County, South Gibson and South Side all in that category, IMO. 

South Gibson got beat by Trenton and struggled with Union City last night. But like we all know it early 

1 hour ago, ball21 said:

South Gibson got beat by Trenton and struggled with Union City last night. But like we all know it early 

Union City is very athletic. We scrimmaged them a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with the way they have improved. All of the teams I have mentioned have some new players with different roles that may take a minute to get better. Could see upsets early but will be good late. Talent is there just need some experience. 

1 hour ago, ball21 said:

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Union City is very athletic. We scrimmaged them a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed with the way they have improved. All of the teams I have mentioned have some new players with different roles that may take a minute to get better. Could see upsets early but will be good late. Talent is there just need some experience. 

Everybody was high on South Gibson this summer. What has happened to them?

2 hours ago, ball21 said:

I watched South Gibson play UC. It looked like they were going to dominate that game early but UC came out the second half playing a lot harder. SG has got some talent. They can handle the ball well and they have big athletic post player.  They have the ability to shoot you out of the gym too. #14 hit like 7 3s against SF in a scrimmage. UC plays hard but they seem to get frustrated easy but it’s early. I’m sure they’ll work that out and be trouble for everyone in the district

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

South Gibson lost a lot from last year - 3 starters were seniors and a fourth starter went down with an ACL this summer.  Playing a lot of kids that didn't play much last year.  They'll get better as the season progresses.  They can't compete with Dyersburg, but the rest of that district and region is average or worse.  South Gibson could get to a sectional game at Covington, Millington or Melrose with a shot to go back to the state tournament.  

Side note on South Gibson: I saw their middle school team at Wayne County this summer.  They have some impressive talent coming in next year.

15 minutes ago, maddams said:

South Gibson lost a lot from last year - 3 starters were seniors and a fourth starter went down with an ACL this summer.  Playing a lot of kids that didn't play much last year.  They'll get better as the season progresses.  They can't compete with Dyersburg, but the rest of that district and region is average or worse.  South Gibson could get to a sectional game at Covington, Millington or Melrose with a shot to go back to the state tournament.  

Side note on South Gibson: I saw their middle school team at Wayne County this summer.  They have some impressive talent coming in next year.

South Gibson had a knee injury last night before half time. Hopefully it wasn’t too bad. They seem to have a short bench

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

49 minutes ago, RedDevil23 said:

I watched South Gibson play UC. It looked like they were going to dominate that game early but UC came out the second half playing a lot harder. SG has got some talent. They can handle the ball well and they have big athletic post player.  They have the ability to shoot you out of the gym too. #14 hit like 7 3s against SF in a scrimmage. UC plays hard but they seem to get frustrated easy but it’s early. I’m sure they’ll work that out and be trouble for everyone in the district

37 minutes ago, maddams said:

South Gibson is a pretty good team but needs more reps on the floor like many other teams. The post they got is the sister of the one that tore her ACL this summer. She skipped her 8th grade year and they have two others that are starting that came off the bench last year. They have some three point shooters and will be good if they can get looks. Question is can they create their own shot or beat someone off the dribble and kick out to open shooters?? Peabody's defense obviously matched up well. How good are other teams in their District like Obion and maybe Dyer County?? They will be Ok but I would think South Gibson probably better. We know Dyersburg could be number 1 in the state. Jr. High for South Gibson is very good so they have a bright future. 

Edited by pioneer42

I think everyone kinda forgot about Peabody. This is a team that returns 6 kids that’s been to the state tournament 2 outa the last 3 years.. Working in a couple decent freshmen looks like with those 6 gives them a solid group. They will be very tough especially after first of the year when Coach Harts teams usually start playing their best basketball. Should be a tough tough district battle this year with new district! 

59 minutes ago, BaBaBaBa said:

I think everyone kinda forgot about Peabody. This is a team that returns 6 kids that’s been to the state tournament 2 outa the last 3 years.. Working in a couple decent freshmen looks like with those 6 gives them a solid group. They will be very tough especially after first of the year when Coach Harts teams usually start playing their best basketball. Should be a tough tough district battle this year with new district! 

Trenton is not in South Fulton’s class this year but they haven’t forgot about Peabody. Their last second shot in last year’s regional game that prevented SF from going to state left a bitter taste in their mouth and is their driving force this year. They were young and athletic. I’m sure they’ll be even better this year. I doubt the other 2a teams in your region has forgot about them either. Good luck this year.