Favorites to win each class

BallIsLife1

On 10/22/2023 at 12:30 PM, Croppygenius said:

Nobody is mentioning the Huntingdon Fillies. There's a lot of talent on the roster. They can be a factor if they can play poised and under control. Played very up and down this summer. On another note our middle school has the most talent I've ever seen them have. 6th, 7th & 8th grade grades are all loaded with big-time talent.

I agree on that middle school!  You guys will win atleast one  gold ball before that bunchg graduates.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:59 PM, 1983 said:

Yes the Fillies are going to be good this year.  They have a challenging schedule that will prepare them for the postseason.  The Middle School girls won the tourney at Obion County yesterday  beating Gibson Co. 44-7.  They are loaded and I don’t see anyone on that schedule beating them.

That’s not saying much. Gibson County middle is down this year. Martin beat them by 20+ the other night. Martin never can seem to get Huntingdon to schedule them in middle school but it would be a good matchup I believe. 

Westview will be better after Christmas than they will be early in the season but when you put the freshman point guard with Alexander and Sims and then get Simpson and Evans back in there, they are going to be pretty tough and I think will start clicking at the right time

Westview will be good for sure as they will reload with another really good PG. I watched her play at Gibson County in the Fall League and she definitely passes the eye test. Jada Harrison's shoes will be hard to fill. Not saying she can't but these type players don't come around very often. I do think she has the potential to be really good for sure. Jada didn't turn the ball over and she could take over games in the clutch by her penetration. She could dish it or take it to the hole with the best of them or she could make the big shot. My take is this. I think Gibson County, Westview and Peabody will have some really good games. First team to 40 might win these games. Scoring points will be difficult on all three of these teams. Huntingdon will be good as usual. I think they need to handle ball pressure better. They seem to struggle getting in a rhythm offensively some. Go inside out with Kee and continue to put pressure on teams. Huntingdon will be really good if they learn to handle ball pressure better and manage their offense better. Loretto and Summertown will also be a handful and Huntingdon will have to go through one of them to get to Murfreesboro. Loretto and Summertown again will have some dogfights. These two are the best rivalry game probably in the state in all sports. York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman will be really tough outs as well. It is here. Play days start next weekend.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview will be good for sure as they will reload with another really good PG. I watched her play at Gibson County in the Fall League and she definitely passes the eye test. Jada Harrison's shoes will be hard to fill. Not saying she can't but these type players don't come around very often. I do think she has the potential to be really good for sure. Jada didn't turn the ball over and she could take over games in the clutch by her penetration. She could dish it or take it to the hole with the best of them or she could make the big shot. My take is this. I think Gibson County, Westview and Peabody will have some really good games. First team to 40 might win these games. Scoring points will be difficult on all three of these teams. Huntingdon will be good as usual. I think they need to handle ball pressure better. They seem to struggle getting in a rhythm offensively some. Go inside out with Kee and continue to put pressure on teams. Huntingdon will be really good if they learn to handle ball pressure better and manage their offense better. Loretto and Summertown will also be a handful and Huntingdon will have to go through one of them to get to Murfreesboro. Loretto and Summertown again will have some dogfights. These two are the best rivalry game probably in the state in all sports. York, McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman will be really tough outs as well. It is here. Play days start next weekend.

First OFFICIAL day of practice begins tomorrow.  I love this time of year!  I’m ready for some basketball!

• Like 1

Wayne Co beat Westview by one in sudden death. It was tied after 4 so they played sudden death and referee called a foul close to half court and Wayne Co got two free throws and made the second to get the win. One thing about Westview today….their defense is still top notch and they play HARD! Getting steals, diving after loose balls, and crashing the boards kept them in the game. However, word on the street is that Simpson tore her ACL/MCL/the whole thing again after just three practices being back. I hate that for her! Westview definitely will not have much depth this year

4 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Dyersburg defeats Gibson County by 23 this morning. 

Dyersburg is good and probably the number 1 team in state in AAA. They are really good. Gibson County without their best defender in Maya Turner for the day. Also most of their whole team been playing volleyball and soccer so we will get back in a groove. Lost to a really good USJ team by 1 in OT. Was our 4th and their 1st. Dyersburg it was our 2nd and their 1st. Dyersburg really good but I don't put a whole lot of value in play day scrimmages early in the year either way. Dyersburg is really good and a favorite to win a Gold Ball. Gibson County is a lot better than they played. Would love to see these two play later in the year. 

52 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Dyersburg is good and probably the number 1 team in state in AAA. They are really good. Gibson County without their best defender in Maya Turner for the day. Also most of their whole team been playing volleyball and soccer so we will get back in a groove. Lost to a really good USJ team by 1 in OT. Was our 4th and their 1st. Dyersburg it was our 2nd and their 1st. Dyersburg really good but I don't put a whole lot of value in play day scrimmages early in the year either way. Dyersburg is really good and a favorite to win a Gold Ball. Gibson County is a lot better than they played. Would love to see these two play later in the year. 

I saw where Gibson County was also scheduled to play Union City today. How did UC handle the ball pressure without Amari?