Favorites to win each class

BallIsLife1

The Lady Trojans are good. Really good. And they have experience in a state tournament despite being one of the younger teams in their classification. How dangerous is this team? They are having challenges with scheduling as a lot of teams aren't willing to schedule Dyersburg for a girls and boys contest on the same night. The staff understands that the endgame is not only going to the glass house but winning the whole thing. Their schedule is brutal entering district play but this is a team that will be battle tested early and ready to make a run once the calendar changes to district competition. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, tennesseeannouncer said:

The Lady Trojans are good. Really good. And they have experience in a state tournament despite being one of the younger teams in their classification. How dangerous is this team? They are having challenges with scheduling as a lot of teams aren't willing to schedule Dyersburg for a girls and boys contest on the same night. The staff understands that the endgame is not only going to the glass house but winning the whole thing. Their schedule is brutal entering district play but this is a team that will be battle tested early and ready to make a run once the calendar changes to district competition. 

With the new district line ups can they beat south gibson?

22 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I haven’t seen SGC in person yet so I can’t give an honest assessment. But I will go on record as saying that I believe it will be another season where both teams going to the District Final will qualify for state. 

Bolivar, fayette ware, haywood and bolton... Who will be the district champ and runner up in that district?

Who will they play out of region 8?

40 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

With the new district line ups can they beat south gibson?

I saw South Gibson and Dyersburg at different places this summer.  Summer is obviously not regular season, but based on what I saw, Dyersburg is more talented than South Gibson.  South Gibson is well coached, will defend and can shoot it.  Dyersburg is well coached and more athletic than South Gibson at every position.  Both teams will have a very good chance to get out of region, though Fayette Ware could be dangerous.  

Region 8 probably sends Covington, Munford or Melrose to the sectional game.  All those teams would be the underdog against South Gibson or Dyersburg.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I saw South Gibson and Dyersburg at different places this summer.  Summer is obviously not regular season, but based on what I saw, Dyersburg is more talented than South Gibson.  South Gibson is well coached, will defend and can shoot it.  Dyersburg is well coached and more athletic than South Gibson at every position.  Both teams will have a very good chance to get out of region, though Fayette Ware could be dangerous.  

Region 8 probably sends Covington, Munford or Melrose to the sectional game.  All those teams would be the underdog against South Gibson or Dyersburg.

so basically if South Gibson and Dyersburg make it to the region championship they will go to state.?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Yes. 

15 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Yes. 

I watched the Freshman PG at GC Saturday. Second time I seen her this summer and Fall. She plays and has the confidence of a junior or senior. With her and Crawford on the floor they will be very very talented. They will be really good especially later once they have played together a bunch and gets their chemistry in tact. They will have two years to play together, which will make for a lots of fun for Dyersburg.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:47 AM, pioneer42 said:

We played both Mckenzie and South Side this summer. Both have younger players that need experience to make that run. South Side's Askins was out all summer with a broken wrist or hand. She is a Miss Basketball talent. Mckenzie is effected more than I thought. Both teams have younger players that have to be battle tested. Both teams will be better late in the year. Westview will reload but losing Harrison won't help. Wayne County in Single A will be tough. McMinn Central and Gatlinburg Pittman will be tough in AA. Livingston Academy and Upperman will be a handful in AAA. AA is always loaded. Gibson County, York, Alcoa, Loretto, Summertown, Peabody bumped up....etc..We will see. 

I think Wayne County would have to be the pre-season favorite this year with what Mckenzie lost. Davis is great, but she can only do so much. In 2A, I think GC-York or Alcoa will be the favorites. WV is in a rebuilding year and will have a tough time this year. They'll be dangerous late, but not a powerhouse. I think in 3A, it'll be Upperman. Looking forward to the season and seeing the season get going again. 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I watched the Freshman PG at GC Saturday. Second time I seen her this summer and Fall. She plays and has the confidence of a junior or senior. With her and Crawford on the floor they will be very very talented. They will be really good especially later once they have played together a bunch and gets their chemistry in tact. They will have two years to play together, which will make for a lots of fun for Dyersburg.

They also have Jordan who is one of the best sophomores in west tn. 

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I think Wayne County would have to be the pre-season favorite this year with what Mckenzie lost. Davis is great, but she can only do so much. In 2A, I think GC-York or Alcoa will be the favorites. WV is in a rebuilding year and will have a tough time this year. They'll be dangerous late, but not a powerhouse. I think in 3A, it'll be Upperman. Looking forward to the season and seeing the season get going again. 

I agree on Mckenzie. They will get better late but the girls they lost really played their roles really good and the newer players have to get better with the fundamentals of the game. Westview will be tough again for sure. Got lots of talent. And you will be getting Simpson back. I hadn't seen your new PG but I heard she was good. I do think Gibson County and Westview will be a good matchup again. Both teams have always been two of the best programs in the state reloading and developing talent. I expect both teams to be good.