Favorites to win each class

BallIsLife1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson is a pretty good team but needs more reps on the floor like many other teams. The post they got is the sister of the one that tore her ACL this summer. She skipped her 8th grade year and they have two others that are starting that came off the bench last year. They have some three point shooters and will be good if they can get looks. Question is can they create their own shot or beat someone off the dribble and kick out to open shooters?? Peabody's defense obviously matched up well. How good are other teams in their District like Obion and maybe Dyer County?? They will be Ok but I would think South Gibson probably better. We know Dyersburg could be number 1 in the state. Jr. High for South Gibson is very good so they have a bright future. 

Fillies coming to South Gibson Tuesday night. Huntingdon looked good against Chester Co last night. Should be a good one.

6 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies coming to South Gibson Tuesday night. Huntingdon looked good against Chester Co last night. Should be a good one.

Huntingdon is a good team for sure. Will be a good game. Huntingdon will be super tough for South Gibson. Kee will be super tough for them to guard. I also like the way Huntingdon attacks the rim and they have shooters to kick out to as well. South Gibson will be a good team though in their District. Obion will be scrappy as will Dyer County but I think South Gibson has a good shot at runner up in that District and a pretty good shot at state. We played lots better yesterday as we beat Obion by 15 but led by 25 or so at times and we beat maybe one of the best teams in the state last night in Bartlett by 2 on a last second shot. Suprised you wasn't there. Very proud of our girls. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, roundhouse said:

McMinn Central will win another gold ball. 

Don't say that so fast! We looked really good against Bradley and Cookeville but only scored 5 points the entire 2nd half against Coffee Co in a 30 point loss. Anything can happen on a given night and it takes a lot of breaks to win a gold ball.We are loaded but got to stay healthy and make some shots or it can end in an instance!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 12:19 PM, Chargerlife said:

Don't say that so fast! We looked really good against Bradley and Cookeville but only scored 5 points the entire 2nd half against Coffee Co in a 30 point loss. Anything can happen on a given night and it takes a lot of breaks to win a gold ball.We are loaded but got to stay healthy and make some shots or it can end in an instance!!!

Never mind that Coffee is a 4A school and we didn't lose by 30. We had one girl limping and one not feeling well. No excuses because Coffee won that day shooting lights out in the 4th. Never mind that the Bradley team we took to overtime beat Coffee by double digits.

19 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Never mind that Coffee is a 4A school and we didn't lose by 30. We had one girl limping and one not feeling well. No excuses because Coffee won that day shooting lights out in the 4th. Never mind that the Bradley team we took to overtime beat Coffee by double digits.

We scored 5 points the entire 2nd half, no need to bash teams. I watched Coffee play Bradley the next day and they were tied with Bradley with 2 min to play and lost by 7. I think we will play them again at Christmas in Lenoir City and I think we will be more competitive. We scored 32 points in an entire game and got beat by a better team, their big girl is a match up problem for us. I do think we will shoot it better this time and we can beat anybody when we shoot it well. Cookeville was 4A as well and we beat them at Cookeville so that should not matter.

1 hour ago, Chargerlife said:

We scored 5 points the entire 2nd half, no need to bash teams. I watched Coffee play Bradley the next day and they were tied with Bradley with 2 min to play and lost by 7. I think we will play them again at Christmas in Lenoir City and I think we will be more competitive. We scored 32 points in an entire game and got beat by a better team, their big girl is a match up problem for us. I do think we will shoot it better this time and we can beat anybody when we shoot it well. Cookeville was 4A as well and we beat them at Cookeville so that should not matter.

It wasn't at Cookeville but it wasn't at Central either.  It was at Roane State.  We played well on defense but we couldn't hit anything until late in the game.    I think at one time in the 4th both teams were a combined 2-21 from 3!   We don't give up many leads late in the game like we did in OT.  I know for sure that we would like to run those last 2 minutes back.  But McMinn is the real deal.   If you haven't seen them you need to.   I think Cookeville, Coffee, and Bradley will likely be 3 of the top 5 4A teams.  So that gives you an idea of how good McMinn is!   I really like the way they play on both sides of the court.   Fun team to watch play.   Not so much if you are trying to guard them!  :grin: