DB travels to Jeff County

DBKPT93

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

I didn't go Friday night, and am even more glad I didn't now with the near 3 hour weather delay, but I echoed a lot of the comments in the thread in the D-B football real talk Facebook group a few weeks back and got banned as a result... Lol

I guess we'll finish third or fourth in the region (heck don't count out William Blount at this point) and make our yearly trek to 825 for our yearly spanking by the Rebels.  I have no idea what to expect from Asheville this week.  Don't know a whole lot about NC football.  Looking at their record coming it, it's 1-2 but both losses were to Charlotte area schools.

Maryville is definitely beatable this year, the question would be can anybody from R1 do it?  I'd say DB's region placing comes down to the final game against the Hill for #2 or #3.    I'm still not sold on William Blount, let's see how they do against West Ridge this week.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:07 AM, BigDaddyDave said:

I’ve not looked at a single post on here. So I have no idea what’s being said and have not been influenced by anyone. That being said, will DB make the change at QB to try to breathe life into that offense? Is Christian coaching his way out of Kingsport? Or, will the Good-Ole-Boy system keep sputtering along?!?! Discuss it. Attack me for saying it. Take it seriously or dismiss it all. I’m a Cyclone. So I really don’t have a dog in this race. I just hate seeing the kids have to put up with this. Bless that kid’s heart for trying. It’s only high school football. But in the real world, if you ain’t getting it done, there’s always someone else, waiting in the wings, who is going to get a look. Aaaaannnd……go!

I dont get it

Why does someone from another school get on DB's forum to talk trash? If you don't have a dog in the race then why comment? I dont see DB fans going on Elizabethton's forum and posting their 'armchair coaching skills' Our guys try as hard as they can. Christian has to work with what he's got.

BUT......

Having said that, I thought we had a 'national' search for a new HC when Clark retired. I also heard that we talked to some real winners with sucessful programs but settled for one of the 'good ol boys'. I know for a afact that a certain benefactor told them that whatever DB could 'pony up' , that he would MATCH it if they would get the 'best of the best' 

2 hours ago, tj3775 said:

I dont get it

Why does someone from another school get on DB's forum to talk trash? If you don't have a dog in the race then why comment? I dont see DB fans going on Elizabethton's forum and posting their 'armchair coaching skills' Our guys try as hard as they can. Christian has to work with what he's got.

BUT......

Having said that, I thought we had a 'national' search for a new HC when Clark retired. I also heard that we talked to some real winners with sucessful programs but settled for one of the 'good ol boys'. I know for a afact that a certain benefactor told them that whatever DB could 'pony up' , that he would MATCH it if they would get the 'best of the best' 

Come on guys. Ain't gonna' happen. We were told there was a national search. That never happened and it was never in the plan. The replacement was known before Clark announced he was retiring. They went through the motions and interviewed a few coaches to make it look good. Does anybody really think they were doing a "national search" and then chose a man already on staff with zero head coaching experience? Also, Christian will be the head coach until he strings together about 5 straight years of 6-4 or 5-5 seasons. Thats when the pressure comes and he resigns. And don't get your hopes up for a George Qualls or any other "championship winning coach" to take his place. The good ole' boys have Kingsport locked down. A former DB and NFL player is waiting in the wings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tj3775 said:

I dont get it

BUT......

That’s how passionate I am about our football up here. Not just Betsy, but all over. I want all of our local young men to succeed. You all should be better than you’ve been. And it isn’t fair to the athletes. 
After Bryson Rollins left, Witt tried to recapture that magic in another, similar athlete. After one game he scraped that idea, put that player back to a position he could be more effective, and got a couple of new QB’s in to work on the position. We went 0-3 before we figured it out. But he didn’t apologize or try to hide anything. He didn’t stick with something that was obviously not going to work. He made adjustments, found the best players and gave eventual state champs Anderson County their toughest two games of the season. We were undoubtedly the scariest three loss team in the playoffs.
And maybe it takes someone who’s not invested in that program, an outsider, to step up and say what everyone else is thinking. If you’re not satisfied with how your program is being ran or the results after enough time has passed for a solid sample, then make the change or quit getting in here and complaining about it. 

Just now, BigDaddyDave said:

That’s how passionate I am about our football up here. Not just Betsy, but all over. I want all of our local young men to succeed. You all should be better than you’ve been. And it isn’t fair to the athletes. 
After Bryson Rollins left, Witt tried to recapture that magic in another, similar athlete. After one game he scraped that idea, put that player back to a position he could be more effective, and got a couple of new QB’s in to work on the position. We went 0-3 before we figured it out. But he didn’t apologize or try to hide anything. He didn’t stick with something that was obviously not going to work. He made adjustments, found the best players and gave eventual state champs Anderson County their toughest two games of the season. We were undoubtedly the scariest three loss team in the playoffs.
And maybe it takes someone who’s not invested in that program, an outsider, to step up and say what everyone else is thinking. If you’re not satisfied with how your program is being ran or the results after enough time has passed for a solid sample, then make the change or quit getting in here and complaining about it. 

And you all don’t complain because there’s nothing to complain about. Consistency,  2 Gold Balls, one Silver and deep playoff runs? We’ve not lost to a lower seed in the playoffs in….we’ll I can’t remember. 

57 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Come on guys. Ain't gonna' happen. We were told there was a national search. That never happened and it was never in the plan. The replacement was known before Clark announced he was retiring. They went through the motions and interviewed a few coaches to make it look good. Does anybody really think they were doing a "national search" and then chose a man already on staff with zero head coaching experience? Also, Christian will be the head coach until he strings together about 5 straight years of 6-4 or 5-5 seasons. Thats when the pressure comes and he resigns. And don't get your hopes up for a George Qualls or any other "championship winning coach" to take his place. The good ole' boys have Kingsport locked down. A former DB and NFL player is waiting in the wings. 

That ain’t gonna happen. If it’s who I think it is, he washed his hands of it all. To listen to him going off on DB was brutal. He’d be a passionate and knowledgeable coach though!