Marion Co. vs Fayetteville

JonSnow

3 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion boys took care of business. Warriors came up short a few possessions then finally stuck it in there when they needed it too. Fayetteville will be tough next year. Hope Willoughby is ok. He is fun to watch. Marion might run the table in regular season now. I’m just keeping it real. 

He was fine, he came back in right after.  Marion is junior heavy so they will probably be better next year also 

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

He was fine, he came back in right after.  Marion is junior heavy so they will probably be better next year also 

This is the year kinfolk. Y’all gotta stop saying next year and believe. Last year was the year until it wasn’t. 4 is a playmaker but losing 1 & 3 will hurt some. Without them Fayetteville wins last night. I’m just keeping it real

24 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

This is the year kinfolk. Y’all gotta stop saying next year and believe. Last year was the year until it wasn’t. 4 is a playmaker but losing 1 & 3 will hurt some. Without them Fayetteville wins last night. I’m just keeping it real

Was an exciting game for sure and both teams have talent but neither team will make it to Chattanooga. Marion play calling is their Achilles heel. Can't continually run the same rushing plays over and over. When it got late in the 4th they threw the ball to the playmakers out in space and was able to move it. I think Fayettevilles lack of depth may hurt them but some of their play calling is questionable. Willoughby would have thrown more if it was me. Also the 4th and 2 at midfield late in the 4th should have been punted. Gave Marion the short field to drive and score. If you're going to go for it line up and run your offense. They had already ran that fake and was stuffed earlier. 

I said something similar in South Pitt thread. Y’all kinfolks are funny. It’s your year until it’s not. Every school is critical of play calling but those that are considered the favorite better enjoy the ride because it’s not every year you get this opportunity. Marion and ER have the most talent in the East. Good win against a good opponent. Not sure Fayetteville will recover from this start if I'm being honest. Several more losses on tap for them. For Marion it is time to get it done kinfolks. Real recognize real cause I’m just keeping it real. 

3 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I dont disagree.  We will definitely miss 3.  One needs to be tougher and play to his size and potential. There are lots of good athletes coming thru Marion at the moment, but hopefully they will be put in the correct position.  I agree, the time is now!

1 hour ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Not sure Fayetteville will recover from this start if I'm being honest. Several more losses on tap for them.

i honestly couldn’t even tell you what’s going on right now. it was expected to take a step back after losing the seniors from last year but it shouldn’t be this bad. it’s just a lack of effort and not being coachable. marion lined up and fayetteville’s coach is calling out the plays and the players still get lost for some reason.

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I said something similar in South Pitt thread. Y’all kinfolks are funny. It’s your year until it’s not. Every school is critical of play calling but those that are considered the favorite better enjoy the ride because it’s not every year you get this opportunity. Marion and ER have the most talent in the East. Good win against a good opponent. Not sure Fayetteville will recover from this start if I'm being honest. Several more losses on tap for them. For Marion it is time to get it done kinfolks. Real recognize real cause I’m just keeping it real. 

Old Pirate says kinfolkes has a HEEP of similar DNA within the county with a HEEP of yappers. OP finds it hilarious to read posters routinely complaining about play calling offensively or defensively when theys not a clue. Pruit was regularly bashed fer his offensive play calling but had a winning record and even against SP. Old Pirate says Congratulations to the Warriors on hanging in and getting “W”. The stars are aligned fer the Warriors to have a fine season with 2-A generally weaker the 1-A. Best stop the negative jabbering & get the eye on the next ladder rung to Chatt Town. 

6 hours ago, City223 said:

i honestly couldn’t even tell you what’s going on right now. it was expected to take a step back after losing the seniors from last year but it shouldn’t be this bad. it’s just a lack of effort and not being coachable. marion lined up and fayetteville’s coach is calling out the plays and the players still get lost for some reason.

Great talent overcomes very average coaching. Morison wasn’t great by any stretch but Johnson just has been a total disappointment.