AP 1A TOP 10 SEPT 5, 2023

Southtowner

20 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

If we can take care of Sequatchie County tonight,  I believe we could move up a spot.  MoCo has a good team.  

Agreed. Watched the City Game. I just think they’re a little small and slow in the secondary and at the skill positions. They’re a Senior Team with a lot of experience and possibly the best 1A QB in the State. Plus they have to play most of their O-Line both ways. Their first 11 are awfully good. But they just don’t have much depth behind them. City has athletes and it was a one score game at the half. IF their QB had made some plays on wide open receivers that game could have been really close. City has cut back to like 8 penalties a game from 14 last season but Won with average coaching (I’m being generous) and just out athleted everyone until they faced McKenzie. 11 penalties for 135yrds cost them a State Championship. Sequatchie is a very good 2A school. But I’m betting that S. Pitt wins by 2 scores. 
But since you’ve seen ‘em both play I’ll trust your opinion. I’d actually love for MC to make it to Chattanooga but I’m not betting on atp. An injury or 2 would completely derail their chances. 

13 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Agreed. Watched the City Game. I just think they’re a little small and slow in the secondary and at the skill positions. They’re a Senior Team with a lot of experience and possibly the best 1A QB in the State. Plus they have to play most of their O-Line both ways. Their first 11 are awfully good. But they just don’t have much depth behind them. City has athletes and it was a one score game at the half. IF their QB had made some plays on wide open receivers that game could have been really close. City has cut back to like 8 penalties a game from 14 last season but Won with average coaching (I’m being generous) and just out athleted everyone until they faced McKenzie. 11 penalties for 135yrds cost them a State Championship. Sequatchie is a very good 2A school. But I’m betting that S. Pitt wins by 2 scores. 
But since you’ve seen ‘em both play I’ll trust your opinion. I’d actually love for MC to make it to Chattanooga but I’m not betting on atp. An injury or 2 would completely derail their chances. 

Sequatchie is ranked #7 in Class 3A.   Very good team.  They give us fits.  Will be a good test for us.   They also have a great venue. Absolutely a picturesque backdrop for a football game.  

I was there for the Fayetteville @ McKenzie game last year.  Excellent ballgame.  The McKenzie QB made a couple plays on the final drive that led to the winning FG.   I thought the difference in that game would be whether or not Fayetteville would convert their xpoints or not.  Only made 1 of 3.  Classic game.