USJ @ Jackson Christian

ManOfMillions

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

JCS is still a better football team than TCA without Mosley. Problem with them is what I said earlier in the season, JCS is too good to not half to rely on Mosley, but they chose to do so.

He's arguably the best player in Div II A. You're going to rely on him. He has seen very little action in a handful of games after half. I assume TCA has a great backup plan for their RB who had 52 carries last night??? I mean, talk about reliance.

8 minutes ago, WestTNBuc said:

He's arguably the best player in Div II A. You're going to rely on him. He has seen very little action in a handful of games after half. I assume TCA has a great backup plan for their RB who had 52 carries last night??? I mean, talk about reliance.

Except Trinity also had several guys come up and make huge plays on offense and JCS offense completely disappeared when Mosley got hurt. Honestly I think Mosley may be the best player I’ve seen in rural west TN this year regardless of class. 

22 minutes ago, WestTNBuc said:

Umm, there are a few guys in the east and middle that will argue the best player in DII A. RBs at Friendship, MTCS and CA all have stats that overshadow his. Not saying he is not a great player, just that there are others with a stronger resume.

53 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Umm, there are a few guys in the east and middle that will argue the best player in DII A. RBs at Friendship, MTCS and CA all have stats that overshadow his. Not saying he is not a great player, just that there are others with a stronger resume.

I agree, Mosley is great, but there are others in DII A that are great too. Wolcott from Friendship has over 2000 rushing yards and has 34 TD. Like you said, Wilson from MTCS and Baldwin from CA are both great too.

1 hour ago, WestTNBuc said:

Coach Bowling had a plan last night and it worked.  Thompson never gets that many carries in a game.  Maybe 26 to 28 on average.  They usually mix it up and pass quite a bit.  They have great receivers and a solid QB.  It was all about ball control.  It was 3 to 4 yards at a time and then he started using others players to keep JC off balance.  He knew Thompson was good for 3 or 4 yards every carry.  Yes, it would hurt to lose him but they have multiple weapons.  Looked like an old Union City team out there.  I predicted TCA would win because they have gotten better every single week.  I anticipate TCA making some noise in the playoffs!

Edited by Intense
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Intense said:

Coach Bowling had a plan last night and it worked.  Thompson never gets that many carries in a game.  Maybe 26 to 28 on average.  They usually mix it up and pass quite a bit.  They have great receivers and a solid QB.  It was all about ball control.  It was 3 to 4 yards at a time and then he started using others players to keep JC off balance.  He knew Thompson was good for 3 or 4 yards every carry.  Yes, it would hurt to lose him but they have multiple weapons.  Looked like an old Union City team out there.  I predicted TCA would win because they have gotten better every single week.  I anticipate TCA making some noise in the playoffs!

I definitely think Tca will make noise in the playoffs but do you really think TCA would have won without the Mosley injury 

14 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

With Mosley JC wins by 3+ TDs. TCA came to play but the injury made a massive impact on the game. 

With him for a full game last year JCS won 49-42. No disrespect to JCS, but why is it so hard for some to admit that TCA is a very good and extremely well coached football team in their own right? They stayed the course with the game plan, even when it looked bleak. They wore the JCS defense out in the second half and won the game.