USJ @ Jackson Christian

ManOfMillions

6 hours ago, stacmot82 said:

Except Trinity also had several guys come up and make huge plays on offense and JCS offense completely disappeared when Mosley got hurt. Honestly I think Mosley may be the best player I’ve seen in rural west TN this year regardless of class. 

But their RB still played. The scenarios are completely different. They had guys step up when the RB was still playing.

I wont argue that the game plan from TCA wasn't good. But down 2 scores and wanting to run the ball like they did would have never worked if Jay was on the field...surely you realize that. He is a factor on both sides of the ball and special teams. TCA should be proud of the region championship and the regular season but don't kid yourself thinking that the injury was a major, if not the largest factor. You were down by 2 tds at the half. Anyone saying "the gameplan" won the game and that the impact of Jay's injury wasn't that big of a deal is just not being honest. 

For those saying he isn't the best in this division...I believe 100% he is and would have hard time thinking otherwise. It's hard to compare RB numbers to WR so that may be part of the deal there. Either way, he is one of the best for sure.

JC playing with out Jay for the rest of this year will obviously look different. I am confident that they have the players to make some noise in the playoffs even with out Jay. The staff there will have time to work on how to move forward without him on both sides of the ball but it was too much in the middle of that game for coaches and his teammates to overcome.

Best of luck to TCA and maybe we'll see you all again soon!

Mosely, IMO, is worth more than 10 points in a D2A game.  Just look at what he did in the first quarter alone. If he stayed in the game, JC wins by 1 or 2 scores.   TCA is also a very good team this year.  If Mosely is out, I think TCA could make a run this year.  D2A is pretty soft this year, so one of these teams likely goes all the way.  JC with Mosely, TCA if he is out.  JMO.

7 hours ago, stacmot82 said:

Zero chance we watched the same game. JCS is simply not good at all with mosley off the field. Trinity dominated them in every single facet in his absence. Hope it’s nothing serious so we can get a playoff rematch 

Disagree it's called not knowing your personnel. I watched all of their offensive plays on YouTube from the beginning of the game all the way til the 3 minute mark left of the 4th quarter. You're telling me that you have a 6'6 Tight End that's going to play football at Chattanooga, and all you can give him is 2 completions worth 10ish yards. JCS only threw the ball to him 3 times last night.

Daniel Green should give JCS 10 receptions worth 75-100 ish yards and a touchdown every single Friday night. However, that doesn't happen because the offense isn't creative enough, and it's not balanced enough. 

I charted the first 20 plays of the JCS/TCA game last year. Mosley and Kam Boyd had the ball for the first 17 of the 20 plays last year. JCS' back up running back had the ball for the other 2 carries (Aldrige) and Green had it for the other play. In the game last night, JCS gave Mosley the ball the first 5 of 7 offensive plays. It's getting bad to the point where Kelly is getting tunnel vision. Kelly didn't roll out at all in the first half, but did it plenty of times in the second half.

All JCS did was answered my question, how good is their offense if Mosley is out, Mosley/Kelly isn't connecting, a defense is good enough to stop Mosley. You add in the turnovers and the long drive TCA had in the 2nd quarter, JCS was out of that game. I think JCS had the ball for 3 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter. With that being said, there will be teams that will see this film, and there is a formula to beat JCS, even if Mosley is healthy.

17 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Disagree it's called not knowing your personnel. I watched all of their offensive plays on YouTube from the beginning of the game all the way til the 3 minute mark left of the 4th quarter. You're telling me that you have a 6'6 Tight End that's going to play football at Chattanooga, and all you can give him is 2 completions worth 10ish yards. JCS only threw the ball to him 3 times last night.

Daniel Green should give JCS 10 receptions worth 75-100 ish yards and a touchdown every single Friday night. However, that doesn't happen because the offense isn't creative enough, and it's not balanced enough. 

I charted the first 20 plays of the JCS/TCA game last year. Mosley and Kam Boyd had the ball for the first 17 of the 20 plays last year. JCS' back up running back had the ball for the other 2 carries (Aldrige) and Green had it for the other play. In the game last night, JCS gave Mosley the ball the first 5 of 7 offensive plays. It's getting bad to the point where Kelly is getting tunnel vision. Kelly didn't roll out at all in the first half, but did it plenty of times in the second half.

All JCS did was answered my question, how good is their offense if Mosley is out, Mosley/Kelly isn't connecting, a defense is good enough to stop Mosley. You add in the turnovers and the long drive TCA had in the 2nd quarter, JCS was out of that game. I think JCS had the ball for 3 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter. With that being said, there will be teams that will see this film, and there is a formula to beat JCS, even if Mosley is healthy.

17-3 at the half. TCA wasn’t winning if he doesn’t go down. 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I charted TCA’s first 20 plays from last nights game and they gave the ball to the RB 20 times :) But not quite half of his 52 carries for the game. If your assessment is correct about JC then TCA’s offense is as dull as a plastic fork and as balanced as 5 year old on seesaw with an elephant. Surely you see the irony?

3 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

I wont argue that the game plan from TCA wasn't good. But down 2 scores and wanting to run the ball like they did would have never worked if Jay was on the field...surely you realize that. He is a factor on both sides of the ball and special teams. TCA should be proud of the region championship and the regular season but don't kid yourself thinking that the injury was a major, if not the largest factor. You were down by 2 tds at the half. Anyone saying "the gameplan" won the game and that the impact of Jay's injury wasn't that big of a deal is just not being honest. 

For those saying he isn't the best in this division...I believe 100% he is and would have hard time thinking otherwise. It's hard to compare RB numbers to WR so that may be part of the deal there. Either way, he is one of the best for sure.

JC playing with out Jay for the rest of this year will obviously look different. I am confident that they have the players to make some noise in the playoffs even with out Jay. The staff there will have time to work on how to move forward without him on both sides of the ball but it was too much in the middle of that game for coaches and his teammates to overcome.

Best of luck to TCA and maybe we'll see you all again soon!

Mosley may be the best in the division but just for reference you have the number 1 TE in the country and a top 5 QB playing in Nashville. Both have been offered by NC schools and HOF coaches. Curtis at NCS is arguably the best QB in the state right now and many say he’s better than West Tennessees Ty Simpson  now as a sophomore. Sneed at DCA is 6’6” 235 lbs and has Nick, Josh, and everyone else on speed dial. Both can take over games at times like very few players can and they are sophomores. 

58 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Mosley may be the best in the division but just for reference you have the number 1 TE in the country and a top 5 QB playing in Nashville. Both have been offered by NC schools and HOF coaches. Curtis at NCS is arguably the best QB in the state right now and many say he’s better than West Tennessees Ty Simpson  now as a sophomore. Sneed at DCA is 6’6” 235 lbs and has Nick, Josh, and everyone else on speed dial. Both can take over games at times like very few players can and they are sophomores. 

Jay has at least 14 D1 offers including one from Bama, UT, Auburn, etc. He's a 4star by Rivals and has been unstoppable this year. NC has struggled with a great QB and DCA lost 4 games this year. That's not proving your statement about them taking over games...my point is that the game was drastically different with him going down in the 2Q. I assume NC and DCA would look way different if those players went down with a season ending injury in the middle of a game. Meanwhile, these TCA guys are posting like the game plan would have beaten JC if Mosley hadn't gotten hurt. We will never know because he did get hurt, but they were also down 17-3 at the half with him in the game. 

20 minutes ago, WestTNBuc said:

Am I incorrect? You were down 2 scores before he got hurt, correct? How would the game plan have worked if he hadn't gone down? 

First of all, let me acknowledge that he is probably best player in West Tn outside of Memphis and maybe inclusive of Memphis.  So in the first 1.5 quarters that he played what were his stats outside of the big 80 yard TD catch.  It wasn’t much because TCA was keying on him and when he caught the ball they were able to get to him and gang tackle him.  He can’t score if JC doesn’t have the ball.  The ball control strategy would have worked regardless.  Would score have been different?  Absolutely.  He would have most likely scored at least 1 more TD if not two but guess what TCA would have done, they would have opened it up and passed more to Waller and others.  TCA may have scored more than 27 because they might have been forced not to play ball control.  That’s the most conservative TCA has played all year.  Probably would have been a 3-7 point game either way if he played.  JC got out coached!  That’s the bottom line!  Really hope it’s not a super serious injury.  Hope to see him in Orange in Fall of ‘24!

40 minutes ago, Intense said:

First of all, let me acknowledge that he is probably best player in West Tn outside of Memphis and maybe inclusive of Memphis.  So in the first 1.5 quarters that he played what were his stats outside of the big 80 yard TD catch.  It wasn’t much because TCA was keying on him and when he caught the ball they were able to get to him and gang tackle him.  He can’t score if JC doesn’t have the ball.  The ball control strategy would have worked regardless.  Would score have been different?  Absolutely.  He would have most likely scored at least 1 more TD if not two but guess what TCA would have done, they would have opened it up and passed more to Waller and others.  TCA may have scored more than 27 because they might have been forced not to play ball control.  That’s the most conservative TCA has played all year.  Probably would have been a 3-7 point game either way if he played.  JC got out coached!  That’s the bottom line!  Really hope it’s not a super serious injury.  Hope to see him in Orange in Fall of ‘24!

He’s a junior so he’ll be strapped up for the Eagles next year. Sadly, I heard that he is done for the season and will have a multi month recovery after a probable surgery. It was a crushing blow but if fate allows we can still have a rematch in a few weeks.