Franklin Co Rebels @ Moore Co Raiders

RaiderzFan

1 minute ago, team69 said:

Yeah I see that now….thanks for correcting me

I haven't seen Tullahoma or the scrimmage he's referring to.   It's difficult to gauge common opponents in the regular season,   much less any scrimmages.  

I think this will be a good game.  I have Moore County as the favorite but I can see FC hanging tough.  Maybe even pull an upset.  Apparently,  this is homecoming.  Distractions? 

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I haven't seen Tullahoma or the scrimmage he's referring to.   It's difficult to gauge common opponents in the regular season,   much less any scrimmages.  

I think this will be a good game.  I have Moore County as the favorite but I can see FC hanging tough.  Maybe even pull an upset.  Apparently,  this is homecoming.  Distractions? 

Off topic, but Tullahoma is terrible on offense, undersized, and don't have the athletes on offense like they had 2020 and 2021. And a questionable hire as head coach.

3 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Off topic, but Tullahoma is terrible on offense, undersized, and don't have the athletes on offense like they had 2020 and 2021. And a questionable hire as head coach.

I don't know anything about the head coach.

I'd say, John Olive left some mighty big shoes to fill.  

Those last few classes they've had were pretty special.  I saw them win the title. Great game. 

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't know anything about the head coach.

I'd say, John Olive left some mighty big shoes to fill.  

Those last few classes they've had were pretty special.  I saw them win the title. Great game. 

I was at the game it was a historic season for Tullahoma. I think  Coach Olive saw the handwriting on the wall, and saw the down turn in talent in the upcoming classes, which prompted his retirement. Tullahoma is not a program that reloads, it s always been a program that's been up and down.

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@PercyPeabody,  you prolly know these 2 programs fairly well?  Maybe more so here lately?

What say you?  

I honestly think it'll be a great game. Franklin Co has some great athletes especially at receiver WHEN the QB has time to get them the ball. The key for FC is the o-line. I hate to hear that one of them is hurt right now. FC definitely has the depth advantage still.

Moore Co obviously has Dawson and some of the biggest linemen I've seen at the school since their great run of region titles in the 90s. Many play iron man football but that's typical in 1A. 

Now for my VERY unpopular take. I am ultra competitive. Always have been. I hate to lose more than I love to win. That being said as I've grown older, I hope I've become a little wiser. I tend to think of long term team goals in some instances. This is THE best team Moore Co has had since 99. I realize everyone wants to win homecoming but this game actually means nothing. It's not going to help win the region and won't mean much in the postseason. I guess one could say the experience of playing a bigger school could help provide some lessons you can take with you into the postseason... BUT one thing you MUST take into the playoffs is DAWSON. If he was to get hurt in this contest it would be devastating. I think you can handle it a tad better in a region match if it was to happen because something was on the line. MC hasn't won their region since 2012! I believe the best thing to do is let Dawson hand off and pass a little but not scramble near as much as he usually does. 

Now...for what actually will happen... Dawson has no fear. He slings it and runs head first just like Brett Favre would and that's why many folks are enamoured with him. He'll probably scramble for a couple of scores and throw for two others.

Moore Co 28 Franklin Co 17

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

I honestly think it'll be a great game. Franklin Co has some great athletes especially at receiver WHEN the QB has time to get them the ball. The key for FC is the o-line. I hate to hear that one of them is hurt right now. FC definitely has the depth advantage still.

Moore Co obviously has Dawson and some of the biggest linemen I've seen at the school since their great run of region titles in the 90s. Many play iron man football but that's typical in 1A. 

Now for my VERY unpopular take. I am ultra competitive. Always have been. I hate to lose more than I love to win. That being said as I've grown older, I hope I've become a little wiser. I tend to think of long term team goals in some instances. This is THE best team Moore Co has had since 99. I realize everyone wants to win homecoming but this game actually means nothing. It's not going to help win the region and won't mean much in the postseason. I guess one could say the experience of playing a bigger school could help provide some lessons you can take with you into the postseason... BUT one thing you MUST take into the playoffs is DAWSON. If he was to get hurt in this contest it would be devastating. I think you can handle it a tad better in a region match if it was to happen because something was on the line. MC hasn't won their region since 2012! I believe the best thing to do is let Dawson hand off and pass a little but not scramble near as much as he usually does. 

Now...for what actually will happen... Dawson has no fear. He slings it and runs head first just like Brett Favre would and that's why many folks are enamoured with him. He'll probably scramble for a couple of scores and throw for two others.

Moore Co 28 Franklin Co 17

Good take. 

• Like 1